Poll: Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire. Whose banner do you follow?

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
I really like the Freys..... Not to the point I would marry one, but hey....

I also quite like Martell

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
launchpadmcqwak said:
all i can say is FUCK GEOFFREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Geoffrey? I have yet to come across this character.....

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Targaryen, with Stark coming in second.

Daenerys is my favourite character in the books, and one of the few who is consistently trying to do right by her people and allies, even if she doesn't succeed. She would probably be the best, or at least the fairest ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, and she has the best claim to the throne, to boot.

Until Aegon shows up in Dance, at least. Assuming it is actually Aegon.

The Martells definitely have the best words, though. "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken". Doran's pretty badass as well, and their cause ties in with the Targaryens', which is a good thing in my opinion.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
probably a tie between Martell and Greyjoy but since Martell wasn't in the poll I voted for Greyjoy

WE DO NOT SOW

May 17, 2010
Greyjoy. Crush your mainland oppressor's.

Total Badass. Besides they have the coolest names

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010

Hey Traitors,

My name is Stannis, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are disloyal, treacherous, scum who spend every second of their day betraying their rightful king. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever been the legitimate heir to the throne? I mean, I guess it's fun rebelling against your true king because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than having the kingsguard beat a little girl.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was in charge of defending Storms End, and helped put down the Greyjoy rebelion. What wars did you fight in, other than ?shoot crossbow bolts at peasants from behind a portcullis? I also get free onions, and have a banging hot red priestess (She just birthed a shadow; Shit was SO cash). You are all traitors who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It?s me and my witch.

Havegun

Sep 26, 2011
We do not sow.

They seem to the be only ones who don't want to rule the world, but just themselves (maybe a bit of the North).
And of course, to be free to reave as they like.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
I voted Stark but not because I like the Starks (although I do love the Starks) but because I like the Mormont and Umber families, also they're the most Viking-esque house and I have a slight (read: huge) obsession with vikings.
My second choice would be the Baratheons while Robert is still alive though because they have the best motto (in my opinion) and King Robert seemed awesome.

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
I like the Starks followed closely by the Targaryens. Funnily enough I am wearing a Targaryen shirt right now. But it did make me mad when Ned died, he was my favorite character, then it would be John Snow, then Daenerys.
Sadly it appears John Snow also dies in the 5 book, so that leaves me Daenerys.

Havegun

Sep 26, 2011
janjotat said:
Sadly it appears John Snow also dies in the 5 book, so that leaves me Daenerys.
'Appears' being the operative word. Character deaths are usually more explicit than that, look how Davos or Theon were thought to be dead. And Tyrion appeared to die on the river barge, but only a few chapters passed before we found it he didn't. Even when it is quite explicit, they might still come back, Catelyn Stark being a good example of that.

Unrelated, how are Starks viking-like? Surely, the Ironmen are Vikings as surely as Dothraki are Mongols.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I would follow the Starks because they're champs and more likely to be less rapey. But I like all of the houses for one reason or another, and think that many of the houses words are fantastic.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I think Stark's probably my favourite House because they uphold pretty sane ideals like honour, but they're not very well represented, considering how most of the family members make some silly mistakes during the books. Lannister, Greyjoy and Martell all have awesome members and scenes, but they're probably all little close to the evil side of the spectrum for me to really enjoy them.

I guess the only real group of people I pretty much properly like are the Night's Watch, but they aren't really a House.

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
Targaryens for me. I haven't read Dance of Dragons yet but they seem to have the most interesting history and a great mix of Nutters, genuinely decent people and utter bastards. Though the Lannisters are close behind for pretty much the same reason.

Tom Artingstall

Sep 23, 2011
Daenerys seems to be the only one left alive that gives some small degree of shit about everyone who isn't a lord.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Oh, you know, how can I not like the Starks. Best words too.

Though Deaneris is very interesting, can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Lannister all the way. They aren't stupid or naive (who held the damn kingdom together? Tywin, even if it was entirely on his own terms) and Jaime and Tyrion prove they aren't all rotten apples.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Canadish said:

Hey Traitors,

My name is Stannis, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are disloyal, treacherous, scum who spend every second of their day betraying their rightful king. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever been the legitimate heir to the throne? I mean, I guess it's fun rebelling against your true king because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than having the kingsguard beat a little girl.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was in charge of defending Storms End, and helped put down the Greyjoy rebelion. What wars did you fight in, other than ?shoot crossbow bolts at peasants from behind a portcullis? I also get free onions, and have a banging hot red priestess (She just birthed a shadow; Shit was SO cash). You are all traitors who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It?s me and my witch.
This post is made of win, good on you ser. Ours is the fury.