Poll: Game tattoo's: your opinion?

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
I haven't got one, but if I did I'd probably get one that looks a lot like this
With the small circle black and the outer bit white. That way I can either say its the Marathon logo, the Tau Empire's logo or just a cool shape.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Quaxar said:
May I also get an orbital laser instead of the tattoo?
Or... an orbital laser controllable by a tattoo? If ever, I'll get <url=http://www.physorg.com/news122819670.html>this thing. If I get bored of one, I'll just change the display or play tetris on my arm... or grill a steak with my orbital laser.
Sweet Lord!!!
That device you linked to is just so awesome I can hardly find the words!

Almost as awesome as an orbital laser: Hammer of Dawn ftw ^^

Layz92

May 4, 2009
If it is significant to you I don't mind, like if you are an avid collector of a series or something similar or you met your wife over a game of sonic and it carries great weight with you, go for it. If it is more "lololol I liek the horde" then it goes into the realm of stupid.

metalmmaniac

Jun 30, 2009
I don't mind gaming tattoos, someone made that choice for a reason, so obviously they like it and thought about whether or not to do it. Personally, if i ever get a game tat, it'll be of a symbol or something, no names or characters for me. I've been thinking about the Bioshock chain on one wrist(my other wrist is already tattooed), but it seems as if more and more people are getting that, lol.

OP: i really lol'd at that guitar hero-buttons tattoo. i love that

Casts a Shadow

Feb 22, 2010
The first time I saw someone with a Gears of War tattoo I felt sad for them. I'm sure it's a good game but do you really want it to live with you forever?

WakeTheDead1

Jan 27, 2010
I have a triforce eagle tattoo, which i might make into an awesome games collage, not just because zelda is my favourite series but because it was my favourite game as a kid and it means to me the importance of not losing the kid in you, stay young stay gold

i dont have a photo but this picture

http://images0.cafepress.com/product/115527970v1_225x225_Front.jpg

also yes its forever but i probably wont live forever

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Something about game related tattoos just seems so lame. I'm not quite sure what or why it is. I'm all for tattoos. I have one and would love another but I'd never go the video game route.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
While it's more than I would get done on myself I think this one's pretty rad:

...as with anything tattoo-related, as long as the receiver is planning on being into it pretty much forever (a Jedi Mario? I don't get that one) then to each their own.

I could see getting something NES-related but since the NES never had an actual logo I don't know what else would be iconic other than the actual console and/or controller.

More likely, I'd get a coffee-related tattoo. I know, about as cool as a Jedi Mario (seriously, someone explain that one to me!)

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
I can participate in the poll because my answer is between (1) and (2). I think they can be pretty cool. Some are rubbish, some are awesome. My friend has pac-man cherries on his ankle. Looks kind of crap but he's happy with them and they're not awful.

I wouldn't really consider getting one because I think they would require a little colour and coloured tattoos on dudes just doesn't work for me. Kind of annoying actually because our little circle of friends has sworn a pact that we will all get a tattoo of our favourite Poke'mon. That's Zapdos for me. Yellow tattoo. No.

Deviltongue

Feb 2, 2008
I Probably wouldn't get a whole game character, maybe a symbol. I'd either get an N7 logo, or a Pac-man tattoo like the one Gabe has in Penny Arcade.

About 115 Ninjas

Aug 13, 2009
I'll have to edit this post with pictures later, but I have two so far. Lambda where my neck meets my back (right below the shirt collar) and Seventh column on my left shoulder. I have other tattoos, the beauty of them is that they're all easily hidden. If I don't want you to see them, you won't.

theSchlub

Mar 24, 2009
In my opinion, the coolest video-game related tattoos come from the game "Planescape: Torment". A particular favorite is the titular "Torment" sigil.

(when I figure out how to post pictures I'll put a pic of it up)