Poll: Games I plan to sell

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Once again, I ask for advice from the wise(cracking) Escapists. I'm desperately trying to get Prototype, and I'm mostly out of money to get it, after buying Beyond Good & Evil and Psychonauts (and yes, I am playing them, but I'm getting as many games as possible as soon as I can so Ihae it done). So I'm thinking about selling some of the games I have that turned out to be absolute turds. So far, the the things on my list are Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, Duel Masters (I was eleven, don't judge me) and Splinter Cell: Double Agent (yes, I didn't like it). That with a bit more cash, can add up to Prototype, I think. Good idea?

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Sell those 3.
But why do you want Prototype right now? Wait a while, it'll go down in price and you should have some more money by then.

Nov 11, 2008
Maybe you should get a job, I don't know, Just throwing questions around, Working for the house?

The Rainmaker

Jun 21, 2009
Just dont sell any, lol.
The only games worth selling are Resident Evil 5 and History channel battle for the pacific *Pukes*
Those games suck

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
The Rainmaker said:
Just dont sell any, lol.
The only games worth selling are Resident Evil 5 and History channel battle for the pacific *Pukes*
Those games suck
You've obviously never played those games I've mentioned.

The Rainmaker

Jun 21, 2009
crazyhaircut94 said:
The Rainmaker said:
Just dont sell any, lol.
Those games suck
You've obviously never played those games I've mentioned.
My point is that its stupid to sell games. You only get like, 5 bucks for them anyways!

Chiddy

Jun 18, 2009
I dont know if you will get a lot of money from those, might as well keep em and save some more money and get a job

rowan-thats-me

Jul 23, 2008
bit of adivice, I wanted FO3 so badly when it first came out i sold comdemned 2 and DMC4 just to get it, had i waited about 2 weeks it would have been much cheaper, and I wouldnt have had to sell my old games, just keep that in mind.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
so many threads about prototype....grr

i spent £40 on prototype and it crashed constantly (14 tiems in 4 days and i hardly played it) now the main story is broken so i cannot continue and unlock powers...

other than being made poorly, not just the crashes the main missions and so on are crap, its abit of fun, not enough for me to say u should sell all your other games to get it now, it can wait

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
Well... you do have two kidneys...just saying... (unless you don't then sorry)

And since I haven't heard of most of those games, and haven't played any of them I am not the best judge, but I'd say just wait or borrow it off of a friend. It's good, but theres no point in trading games unless you actually dislike them.

Edit: (I was kidding about the kidney thing by the way, it seems we need those for something or other, best to keep how many you were born with. I felt the need to clarify because I know people who would sell a kidney rather than not have videogames. Hell I know a guy who would sell his liver. He's not that desperate, just dumb...)

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Have you rented Prototype first to make sure you like it. When the force unleashed came out I bought it right away with out a test drive and now I really regret it.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
scobie said:
If you don't want the games, and don't think you'll play them again, then sell them. No point in keeping games you hate. Then you can use the money to buy whatever you want, even if you decide to wait a while to get Prototype.
This.

Hell, might as well sell all the games you're never gonna play again if nobody you know might want them and you think you can get 5 bucks for them. 5 bucks are still better than a dust collector.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
I would sell them but also get a few jobs around the house just in case, you barely get any money when you sell games back to shops :(

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
If you can trade against the game then do it. If you have to sell, you'd be better off on eBay and just being patient.

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
teutonicman said:
Have you rented Prototype first to make sure you like it. When the force unleashed came out I bought it right away with out a test drive and now I really regret it.
This, right down to the experience with Force Unleashed. Although I would sell the games anyways just to get some cash in your pocket. Had I a local game trader or the balls to say to a friend, "Hey, wanna buy a Spongebob game off of me?" I would sell almost half the games I own in a heartbeat.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Yeah, I'd sell those games if I were you, although I'm slightly perplexed as to why you want to buy [Prototype] right now, when you could wait a few months and get it cheaper. Still, I suppose that's all up to you.