Poll: Games so good, you own on more than one console

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
I'm currently in the process of obtain the game of the year version of Batman: Arkham City on the PS3. I already own it on the 360, but I love that game so much, I want it for both systems in case anything happened to the other. Has that ever happened to you? You played a game so good, you bought it on two systems.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
...wow. No, never happened. Really don't see the point...but I guess I see where you're coming from?
Arkham city though? It doesn't have multiplayer right? How much must you play it:L haha.
But nah each to his own:].

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I've had Worms Armageddon about 5 times on PC and twice on PSX. Various copies of Theme Park World over the years as well.
Unreal Tournament on both PSX and PC.
Driver, PSX/PC.
Prince of Persia Trilogy on both PS2/PC.
Hitman 2 & 3 on both PC and PS2? (maybe PSX can't remember)

I've got GTA IV on Xbox 360 and PC despite not owning a 360, but I can't really remember how I obtained it.

Got a few games I have on disk somewhere that I picked up on Steam as well if that counts.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Well, I bought DMC3 for PS2 once I got the console because I couldn't be bothered with the sucky PC port anymore. And maybe I'll buy the PC version of Skullgirls in case RevergeLabs doesn't implement crossplay. That's pretty much it.

Don't see any point in purchasing titles on multiple platforms if they don't have multiplay features and are equal in performance. (although I do own at least three PC versions of Psychonauts D: )

Seef

Feb 20, 2010
Because of the HD collection, I own MGS2 and MGS3 on PS2 and PS3, as well as Peace Walker on PSP and PS3.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I have Morrowind and Oblivion for both Xbox/360 and PC, but honestly I enjoyed them more on the console. PC just doesn't do it for me. :/

Other than that? Not really. If I have the money to be buying games, I'm going to get something new.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
CoD4. I lost my PC copy, so I bought it on Xbox 360, but then I learned what a shitty horrible multiplayer experience it is on that console and promptly sold it and acquired another PC copy.

Sep 14, 2009
Battlefront II I had on...3 different platforms? I think? good god I love that game. I could go on and on for pages about what makes it great.

Kotor 1 and 2 for xbox and then PC, mods for the win :)

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Seef said:
Just wanted to say, that Six-String Samurai is an amazing movie.

OP: Psychonauts, and Beyond Good & Evil. Originally played Psychonauts on PS2, then I bought it off of gog. Pretty much the same thing for BG&E except replace PS2 with Gamecube, and gog with Steam.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
Saints Row 2 - PC/PS3 - The PC port sucked so bad I had to buy the console version

Resident Evil 4 - PC/PS2 - Same reason as above

TESIV: Oblivion - PC/Xbox 360 - bought the Xbox 360 GOTY version to play the DLC/Expansion pack, PC version still runs vanilla but modded to the point its almost unrecognizable.

Mass Effect 2 - PC/Xbox 360 - got the PC version for free :) (thanks Bioware)

Counter-strike + Half Life - PC/Xbox/PS2 - I was curious to see how they would go on console, about as well as you'd expect.

Plus a few doubles due to HD packs, Metal Gear Solids 2/3 and Ico/Sotc.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
I have Oblivion for both PC and Xbox 360, played through it so many times on both platforms.
I also have Minecraft on PC and XBLA and I'm not really sure why because I don't play it that much on either system...
Then if you count HD releases I've got Ocarina of Time and Star fox 64 on both 64 and 3DS but I don't that that really counts with it's 10 year spacing.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Elder Scrolls - Oblivion (Hard copies on the PS3 and X360)
Final Fantasy 4 (Hard copies on the GBA and PSX)
Final Fantasy 7 (Hard copies on the PSX and PC)
Final Fantasy 8 and 9 (Hard copy on the PSX and downloaded copy from PSN)
GTA 4 (Hard copies on the PS3 and X360)
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64 cart and 3DS re-release)
Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (2 N64 carts)
Mario Kart 64 (2 hard copies on the N64)
Pokemon Heart Gold (2 hard copies)
Pokemon Soul Silver (3 hard copies, one being a Japanese import and one never having been opened)
Star Fox 64 (3 N64 carts)
Super Mario World 3 - Yoshi's Island (hard copies for the SNES and GBA with one downloaded copy from the 3DS e-Shop)
Zelda 2 - Adventures of Link (One hard copy for the NES and one downloaded copy from 3DS E-Shop)

Some of these I ended up with thanks to my GF. Star Fox isn't one of them...

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
I bought Super meat boy for the 360, then got the pc version off of steam, and I bought the collectors edition. And through the humble bundle sales I've bought it three more times I think (I didn't buy the bundles for SMB though). That game is so good.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Bought Oblivions GOTY edition for my 360. Had it on my PC, but I wanted those delicious achievements. Also got AC:II and Prototype for my PS3 in spite of owning them on the 360.
AC:II because I love the game, and it featured all the DLC, Prototype because I had sold the game and wanted to try it again.
Also trophies. Fuck I love those trophies.

Gonna get ME2 for PS3 eventually. Picked up ME3 for my PS3, but have the others on 360, so my choices got made for me. Made the game a lot less fun.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I've got Ocarina of Time on N64, on the Collector's Edition for Gamecube, and have it downloaded on my Wii
In addition i've got one save file on each of those where i've got 100% complete.

Fuckin' love that game >_>

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
I have Left 4 Dead 2 for PC and Xbox, but the PC version was a gift from my boyfriend for if we wanted to play co-op when one of us was visiting family or something.

I'm not what it says about our relationship that playing a co-op shooter together is our idea of a romantic night in :p

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
Originally bought the Orange Box for 360, had an amazing time with it, and just had to get the PC version after a while. I would buy it again, and again, and again.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I do have 4 hard-copy versions of Half Life 1. All for PC though.
Also a bunch of games I originally owned in hard-copy form, but later on bought through Steam as an extra security measure.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Borderlands, PS3 version came first, PC version because i got it on the cheap and i could play with friends.