Poll: Gamestop Employees general: Like them or despise them?

owen4evr

Feb 11, 2011
I don't mind Gamestop employs they rarely give me hastle and are usually more helpful than not.

sevreon

Jan 6, 2011
Hey, we employees are escapists too! Whats with the hate? We're just doing our jobs :(

(edit: well actually I work at GAME, but hey whatever, same thing)

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
Wish I could say neither. I don't hate them by any means, but they rarely know anything about video games. For example, I was buying Alice the other day, chatting up the staff... I mention that GameCube was a console I really enjoyed. The guy responds "I wasn't playing games yet then. I didn't really start till the PS1 came out."

Pan back to me:

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
I love most Gamestop employees. When ever I go there is always someone that I can ask about games I'm unsure about or talk to about upcoming titles. They are, for the most part, very friendly and are willing to help customers. I've only had one bad experience at Gamestop, and it was pretty recent too. I had Duke Nukem pre-ordered so I went in to cancel it. The employee went from being nice to acting like I had the plague.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
It depends on the person you get in my opinion. I've met quite a few annoying employees in my time. I also have a friend who just recently started working there. :)

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
I love the GameStop I go to, if only for the people who work there. They always have something non- (insert bland video game title here) to talk about and never really push me into buying games. I'm pretty good friends with them and over the years they have suggested some great games for me. Too bad Amazon is getting most of my game money, so much cheaper there, or I would keep going just to see those guys.

EDIT: Basically what I'm trying to say is that they really care about games, and don't just show and to get paid. At least at my GameStop.

ddrfr33k

Nov 11, 2010
DarkShadow144 said:
I love most Gamestop employees. When ever I go there is always someone that I can ask about games I'm unsure about or talk to about upcoming titles. They are, for the most part, very friendly and are willing to help customers. I've only had one bad experience at Gamestop, and it was pretty recent too. I had Duke Nukem pre-ordered so I went in to cancel it. The employee went from being nice to acting like I had the plague.
That's because too many reservation cancels is a massive blemish on the employee's record. The person who handles the cancellation is the one that takes the hit, not the person who sold it. It's a convoluted system, I agree. Nobody wants to get fired over too many cancellations, especially in this economy.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
VivaciousDeimos said:
Generic Gamer said:
SageRuffin said:
Yeah, I used to work in a DIY store, before that was an off license and after that was a petrol station. People are such dicks to those in retail, it's untrue what you have to put up with, it really is.

I think it should be a law that everyone has to work a few years in retail to make them appreciate the practicalities of working in customer relations. I think the poor girls on the till had it worst, customers would reduce them to tears. Funny how they'll do it to girls but the second the muscular and slightly annoyed young man asks what the problem is they suddenly find their manners.
I agree with this so much. I think everyone should be required to work in retail at some point in their lives. Even before I worked in retail it had always been my rule to be as polite as possible to people in the service industry because i could only guess at how much it sucked. Now that I have a job in reception/retail, I can verify: it really really sucks.

It's strange; once you're behind the counter or have your uniform on, it's almost like you're no longer human, because you're not allowed to make mistakes. People expect perfection from you even though you're just as human and capable of making mistakes as they are.

As for Gamestop, I haven't had any bad experiences with them. In fact the last time I was there I ended up with a free magazine. Yay free magazines!
And yet they ***** and moan that companies don't see them as people and are only interested in their money, when they see companies and retailers as less than that.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I actually hardly go into the Gamestop. Probably because this little desert hole of a town doesn't have one. We have a Game'Store', but the employees there are rude and they charge way too much for old games and gamer merchandise. Stuff that should be in the 5$ bin by now, they are charging $20-40.I'd have to go an hour out of my way, every time I wanted to go to the Gamestop, and if I have no other errands to run in the city ,..then forget about it.

But when I have gone in (the whole point of this freakin' post), I didn't have a problem.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
I generally like them, I don't go to my Local Gamestop too often to say they're bad. But hey at Midnight release of Mortal Kombat/Socom 4 (went for Socom 4), they gave out not only free food, allowed us all to stay into the story, and gave out free copons for free food at buffalo wild wings. :D

I would say they're nice. :D