Poll: Gears IP sold to microsoft... PC release?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Microsoft doesn't give two shits about PC. They have tried to screw us over with GFWL and failed and they pretty much quit on this whole market (their loss).

The only thing good coming out from M$ is a good OS every few years. I wonder if Windows 9 will be as good as 7.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
pretty sure it won't happen. Wouldn't bet big money on it though. Gears is my favourite series, my geek shelf is pretty much all gears, I'd love another one because I love gears (Yeah I even kind of liked judgement in a weird way) but I don't think they can top 3 story wise so I'm a bit apprehensive about a new one.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
I doubt it, plus I do not really care if they do or dont. Gears outwore its welcome with me by the end of the 3rd game, I enjoyed it and thought it was a decent way to put the series to bed. The first game back then on the 360 at launch was great, never played a game like it and it looked great for the time but after three games and hours of horde mods I was pretty much through with it. Never even considered buying Judgement and I wont bother with any PC versions, the only thing I would consider getting when I get an Xbox: One (when its the correct price for its anaemic hardware and has no Kinect) is if they made a new series with new characters set in the Pendulum Wars.

Just Humans and no existing characters and just use the basic mechanics and the existing world, throw in a semi persistent online multiplayer too with a persistent war that resets when one side wins and give the "winners" some achievements or rankings. Either that or a Halo 4: Spartan Ops style co-op campaign, those are the only things that might persuade me to ever buy another Gears title.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Yeah, no. Gears is probably going to live on as a zombie like Halo now that it's owned by Microsoft. And besides, I'm not really a fan of how the story played out anyways. There were so many plot threads left hanging for the sake of heavy-handed personal drama. Nobody ever explains where the Locust came from or what their conflict with the Lambent was, you're just dropped straight into the latter part of a war with an apparent native alien species that nobody's ever seen before, or that may have actually been created by human experiments, or something.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Probably not, but we can't know for sure. I recall a certain document by a Microsoft employee regarding the Xbone, in which said employee mentioned how the Xbox team pressured for GoW exclusivity.

I would still like to play GoW 2&3 on my PC someday, but I doubt it'll happen and I won't hold my breath.