Poll: Ghostly museum image caught on film

Apr 21, 2009
Now this is cool, mainly cuz im into all that ghosts and gouls, but have alook for yourselfs and tell us all what u think

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=16942160

Is it real or fake

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Weird, but so is Pink Floyd. Only difference being that I actually care about Pink Floyd.

BlackJack47

Oct 29, 2008
yep its real...one very real, trick of the light in the cameras lens...seriously, what is with news these days if its not some new disease to kill us then we have some clip of the paranormal.Its like the supernatural watch brigade.

Moormur

Mar 24, 2009
I love that it won't even let you click on the picture to examine it at a size any larger than thumbnail size.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
well I may get ridiculed but I kinda believe in ghosts. Not necesarilly the generic idea of ghosts but of some kind of spirit or something of the sort, so why could this not be real?
Also, my dad said that when I was a baby, in our house at the time, there was a ghost of a man that he saw on more than one occasion. Real or not? I don't know, but it would be nice to think so

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
well with the picture being that small it's hard to tell.

I do believe in ghosts, but i'm also extremely skeptical. I don't think every ya-hoo who hears a bump in the night is being haunted. But if I see something that seems to defy explanation than I am more than willing to believe that yes, it could be a ghost.

I guess if have to boil it down I would be a 'Cautious Believer'

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
bloodmage2 said:
ive used an image magnifing program i have, and i looks almost human, the head is odd, but i can make out a shoe, legs, torso, and get this, its not male, i can make out protruding breasts
Yeah I call bullshit.

awmperry

Geek of Guns and Games
Apr 30, 2008
I don't think it's a fake picture - but I'm not convinced that it shows what people think it shows. Dust in the air, a lucky combination of shadows... could be anything.

On the whole, I tend to think that the vast majority of ghost sightings are nonsense, just like the vast majority of alien sightings. And most of the rest, I suspect, are simple misidentifications.

That said, science is based on fallibility; no knowledge is ever absolute, and what one generation "knows" to be true is often soundly refuted by the next. What if "there's no such thing as ghosts" is the phlogiston of the 20th century?

Personally, I don't think we can be certain that ghosts don't exist. I'd like to think they don't, because I kinda hope death is final and conclusive, but of course there's always the possibility that ghosts exist and simply aren't the spirits of dead people or whatnot.

(Don't get me started on aliens. It strikes me as supremely arrogant to believe we're the only intelligent life in the universe - but whether or not Earth's ever been visited is a totally different question.)

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
I think that... that it's a really creepy picture, but it's really not good enough to make me believe in ghosts.
Plus any shred of belief in ghosts that I may have is always driven away when I see those stupid "ghost hunter" shows.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
It's fake, at best condensation on the lens, you can tell by the fact that the entire image has the same effect on it and not just one particular area like most other ghost pictures.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
xxDarlenexx said:
well with the picture being that small it's hard to tell.
Yep, they could have provided something bigger...

The guy seems to have no feet, a white dot for a head and be sitting on nothing, I'm not convinced. The usual trick is to expose one image on another to create a 'ghostly image', this seems more like a bad photoshop or a trick of the light...

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Now, being an Atheist I don't believe in the whole "stuck on earth trying to get to heaven" ghost, but I do believe that there is some kind of ethereal energy that can be left behind by the deceased, I just don't think we have the means to explain it, just like we couldn't explain thunder & lightning in the stone age. Now, on the photograph? I'm fairly certain it is a fake, or some trick of the light, but there is always the slightest possibility that the camera captured some kind of energy from another plain of existence.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Could be anything.

Problem is the human brain tries to look for recognisable patterns in everything. In this case the pattern of a man sitting down.

Blood_Lined

Mar 31, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
This is actually a pretty bad fake. Notice how crisp and clean the photo on the right is, and how washed out the one on the left with the ghost is? There are washed and blurred lines all over the entire length of the print on the left. Its a photoshop, and a bad one.
I agree 'cause I also noticed the extreme difference between the two photos as well, to me it seems like nothing more than a bad photoshop.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
Weird, but so is Pink Floyd. Only difference being that I actually care about Pink Floyd.
High five!

As for my personal input, I personally think that ghosts are ridiculous.
Until they're proved with hard and believable facts, I will remain a non-believer.