Poll: girl problems

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Give it up without getting too invested while you still can. I was involved in a similar situation just recently. After breaking up with my ex I reinvigorated feelings I had for this girl I met while I was still with my girlfriend. She said she had a crush on me then, and still liked me, but wasn't looking for a relationship. I help out hope against all the signs until I heard she got wasted at a party and fucked one guy and blew another.

Listen man, if she doesn't express any interest in a relationship with you then she probably doesn't want one. To beat yourself up over it, shit like this happens.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
I guess if you must continue to see her, ask her out on a date... Meal, Cinema...etc

If you can walk away, I would. The more you both persist to communicate in the same consistency you have already, it will just escalate to a painful heartache on your part if the outcome isn't what you wished for. All the best anyway, 'HotFezz8' ;)

Banana Cannon

Jun 15, 2010
matt87_50 said:
sounds like a job for Scott Pilgrim...
Too right about that!
Chances are, she's immature and doesn't exactly know how bad people can get when they decide to get close to one another, and has probably avoided such a situation and has preferred to lead you all on like you're a bunch of puppies and she's your 'master.'
That said, you gotta have faith in yourself in your own desires and your own pursuits for that bit of happiness, so its a good thing if you do go and tell her how you feel, all the fiery emotion you have felt up til now. If she gets you, then that's a good place to start a new relationship. If not, and she's more shallow than deep, then don't bother splashing around in the paddling pool with her. And regret nothing.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
Sounds like she's like a child with a toy. She may want you when she can't be with you, then once your there and she can have you she doesn't want you.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
Yeah I think the best option would just to work up the guts to ask her how she feels about you because continuing as you are is only gonna mess with your head.

Mr Wednesday

Jan 22, 2008
HotFezz8 said:
Mr Wednesday said:
My friend, at 21, you are far too old to be asking this on the escapist.
SLAP - your never too old to ask for help or a extra opinion.
Maybe, from people in your own life. The internet is a bizzaro land of madness, ruled by the emotionaly imbalanced and maladapted. At 21, you ask your pal, he calls you a pussy, you ask her for a drink.

Perhaps you get laughed at, perhaps you don't.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I may be an idiot when it comes to human interaction, but I know when to cut a loss. The girl is 18 and is very much likely a tease, so it's best to be the bigger person and end it cold turkey.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Oh, dear. From the information you've posted, it sounds like the girl was interested in you initially, but she probably expected you to be more forward and ask her out. Her constant communication is indicative of interest, as is her friending you on facebook. I believe certain factors also complicate this situation, such as distance, her former lover, and her other potential interests.

I can only surmise that she is the "fairly attractive" type, and currently enjoys her situation as she has a selection of suitors.

I do not know how to comfort you, and saying that you are not alone in having experienced this is the opposite of comfort.

However, I do understand what you are going through, and my recommendation is not to respond the way I respond to such situations.

Simmering, lingering anger.

As much as I joke about how I am a representative of the Sith, there is a kernel of truth in the fact that I am constantly assaulted by rather violent thoughts.

It's...not a healthy way to go through life.