Poll: Girls love a bad boy

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Obviously this is a two way street but I still firmly believe in this. Examples I work at a jail right now and inmates are allowed to have 5 names on their visiting list. You?d be surprised how often a robber, burglar, drug dealer has 5 different girls who visit him. Some them don?t know about each other which can be hilarious. As inmates only get 2 visits a week. But most DO know are completely okay with sharing an incarcerated man and sending him money. Even women who aren?t his ?baby mama? or anything.

This is further accentuated by the fact when I used to dress all grungy (hey it was the 90?s) and with leather and played in a band I had girls throwing themselves at me. When I became a cop, cut my hair and got in MUCH better shape and generally dressed more ?normal? I became less interesting at bars.

Now granted I have a mature and wonderful woman by my side now who I will soon marry. But I have many friends who still play the field and those that cultivate the ?bad boy? image tend to be doing a lot better.

Thoughts?

I don't include 'other' or 'no opinion' as those are copouts.

supermaster1337

Apr 22, 2009
its agreed im a dude, im very kind and i have been rejected for not being enough of an ass.
im like really? you care more for asses. im not unnatractive either.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I like the look but not the atitude. There is something about the look that just draws me in :)

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
well, it doesn't surprise me that it's 100% "dude" on the poll.

EDIT: at least that was true when i voted...

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
I think I'm a prime example of a great boyfriend. I have a nice girlfriend and her parents don't mind me. Her siblings think I'm alright and I fit well into her group of friends. We listen to the same music and we have loads in common.

[HEADING=1]ARE YOU JEALOUS OR WHAT?[/HEADING]

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
If less than 90% of them vote "I like the bad boys because they treat me like dirt" they're lying.

Otherwise they wouldn't keep going back to the jackasses that keep hitting and belittling them.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
girls always say they 'don't like' bad boys because of just -how bad- they can be. However, whether they like it or not, they're -attracted- to them.

Thus, they will many times choose the controversial "I love the bad boy, just not the attitude".

This is why people say 'girls are attracted to jerks'. -in part-, it is actually true

slevin8989

Apr 3, 2009
goatzilla8463 said:
I think I'm a prime example of a great boyfriend. I have a nice girlfriend and her parents don't mind me. Her siblings think I'm alright and I fit well into her group of friends. We listen to the same music and we have loads in common.

I hate you so much

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Where all the ladies at?

I also think it's an age thing as women get older they tend to get tired of the bad boy.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
goatzilla8463 said:

I have all of that except the parents bit so meeeeh. (They think I'm a drunk because ONE TIME ONLY, I turned up at her house early morning/late night and started loudly singing Queen songs. Humourless old codgers.)

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
I think internets forums are mainly populated by single early to middle-aged adults.

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
From my experience girls want a mix of both. when I was a teenager I was an emotional mess and I thought girls wanted that super-sensitive nice guy. turning 21 in a few days I've learned that is not the case at all. Girls liked me when i was a whiny pussy (for some reason) but as off late I cut my emo hair off, starting lifting weights and started drinking/smoking and I cannot believe the amount of girls who thought I was lame before are suddenly talking to me and wanting to hangout. I'm still a nice guy for sure, but im not gonna cry if you don't call me. I've also been in a lot of bands (guitar, vocals) which I know is lure for girls and creates a bad boy image. Girls like a Stern and Tough guy, but you can't be a total asshole cause they'll tire of that soon.

Nice guys don't Finish Last
Over emotional Guys who are scared to offend anyone with what they say, and can't take a joke. Finish last.

MusicalFreedom

May 9, 2009
I can see where this will go. consider this (partially) pre-emptive. also, I'm talking about "Nice Guys", not nice guys (there's a difference). this is not directed at anyone in particular

everyone who whines about how they don't get no pussy even though they're a Nice Guy comes across as really pathetic to everyone. why? it's because most self-proclaimed Nice-Guys are creepy fucks whose only motivation to be nice is that they might fuck people. sure, you're always there, you always pay for them, you always offer a shoulder to cry on, you would throw yourself at the feet of a girl if they asked. That. Is. Pathetic. No-one likes you, you have no respect.

Now, I'm not sure about how women feel about "bad boys". but i would guess that it's a confidence issue, not an asshole issue. would you date someone who has no fucking spine? i wouldn't date a woman or man who can't say no. it takes confidence to say no.

Let's continue. Nice Guys have inflated senses of self-worth, and feel that sex and love are something that they are entitled to. They think "be nice to them, then they'll love me!" NO. STOP THINKING THAT. YOU ARE BEING REJECTED BECAUSE YOU ARE CREEPY AND EXPECT (MENTALLY, YOU DEMAND) THEM TO LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU DO NICE THINGS. NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT AN ASSHOLE.

edit in case there is confusion, i am not a girl, and i voted that i'm a guy who's expressing his very angry opinion. i just like pink. its a cool colour

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
supermaster1337 said:
its agreed im a dude, im very kind and i have been rejected for not being enough of an ass.
im like really? you care more for asses. im not unnatractive either.
i seconded to that