Poll: Going to see Watchmen

paiged

May 23, 2008
I'll be seeing this in the theater, definitely.
Not really all that interested in the game, though.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I'm still not sure if I want to watch it...I mean I kinda wanna watch it, but it simply may not make it into my schedule.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Will see it, my expectations are high, and likely too high for some blockbuster film adaptation, I'm cynical about it, but I'm going.

Cogings

Jan 15, 2009
If 300 is anything to go by I think Watchmen is going to be awesome!
I can't wait to see it!

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I'll admit, I was skeptical about it for the longest time. V for Vendetta was a huge letdown, 300 was merely passable, and we prefer not to discuss The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in polite conversation. How could Watchmen, the graphic novel hailed almost universally as unfilmable, possibly be any good?

Well, then I found out what the ending had been changed to. Not only was I not outraged, I was actually pleasantly surprised; it actually worked better than the ending to the novel ever had. The movie had actually managed to improve on the source material, and in no small way.

I have adopted a stance of cautious optimism that this film will prove that the impossible is, indeed, possible after all. God help us all.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
rottenbutter said:
[Gavo said:
]
rottenbutter said:
I shall watch the Watchmen, but the game can go fuck itself.
Yeah.

Except I'm gonna see it in IMAX! Hell yes!
Lucky bastard.
I shall see it in regular theatres, and if its spectacular enough and my fears are unwarranted I shall see it in Imax.

I shall also attempt to take my laptop in and give a thought by thought review of the movie.

Anybody getting Tales of the Black Freighter?
With any luck, I shall be getting it for my birthday.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I think my friends and I are probably gonna go see it in IMAX if we can organize ourselves. I'd settle for a regular theatre at this point, though.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I'll play the game...just 'cuz, but I'm Definitely seeing the movie. I'm thinking of getting some of my nerdier friends to read the graphic novel so they can appreciate the awesome, but if they won't I'll go by myself, it looks fucking sweet and being some random by myself in the cinema is a small price to pay, also going to keep an eye out for a serious special edition of the dvd.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Just a quick question though, are there sequences from The Black Freighter in the movie as well?

J-Man

Nov 2, 2008
Just heard from a friend he thoroughly enjoyed the film.

Syntax Error said:
Just a quick question though, are there sequences from The Black Freighter in the movie as well?
"The Black Freighter" and "Under the hood" have both been omitted to make more room for the main story, I believe.

DarkMessiah

Dec 29, 2008
I read the graphic novel and enjoyed it, so I'm not going to see the film because it will undoubtedly be shit like every other movie of a book/game/comic I went to see.

The truth with stuff like this is, if you read/played the original you won't like the movie, if you didn't you will. I've yet to find a reasonable exception.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
I agree, the game will inevitably suck. I found out that the BBFC, in their infinite wisdom, decided to rate Watchmen an 18. Now... Being 17 I legally can't go and see it. But screw them I'm gonna try anyway.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
J-Man said:

Syntax Error said:
"The Black Freighter" and "Under the hood" have both been omitted to make more room for the main story, I believe.
Oh well, including them would probably screw with the flow of the movie somewhat, so I think it was a good choice. But it would have been kickass if they were included.

J-Man

Nov 2, 2008
Syntax Error said:
J-Man said:

Syntax Error said:
Oh well, including them would probably screw with the flow of the movie somewhat, so I think it was a good choice. But it would have been kickass if they were included.
The film is already 2 hours and 40 minutes, I'm not sure how they could have included it. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how much has changed, or whether we'll still get the newspaper seller's subplot.