Poll: Gran Turismo 5 or Need for Speed Hot Pursuit?

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Ok, I want to get my first racing game on the PS3. I have absolutely no racing game experience, aside from Need for Speed 2 on the PS1 about 13 years ago (unless you count Crash Team Racing and Jak X), so I would need a game that's easy to get into. I'm hesitating between Gran Turismo 5 and the latest NFS, but I'm of course open to anything. Which game should I get?

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
They're both pretty different. It depends what you want in it. NFS is an arcade racer, where as GT5 is more of a racing simulator as it says on the box. Depends whether you want the game ot stay true to real life racing or what.

Personally I went for GT5. But I don't like the NFS series, so i suppose I'm biased.

Edit: Post 500... What a shoddy 500th post. D:

ETAG

Jul 20, 2010
Gran Turismo 3 was my very first console game, ah the memories...

GT5 still feels the same, but it looks way better of course :p

Apr 8, 2008
Do yourself a favor and get GT5.It isn't the easiset to get into immediately,but it appears to have a ton of depth.

There are some things about which I think could have been done better,but it might just be me resisting change,as I was still tooling around on GT4 until last week.

Also there seems to be some things missing, but I may have to unlock them,and just don't know it yet.

No Porsche apparently even though I had heard 2 years ago that they had a deal.(no RUF either,that I can tell).

No full Nurburgring course yet,But I refuse to believe that they don't have it to unlock.

I haven't seen the New NFS but I have been burned by those jokers too many times to get it before GT5.I might get it pre-owned in a few months.

One final word: Lancer

Knifewounds

Nov 18, 2009
Gran Turismo 5 if your looking for depth and realism. Hot pursuit if you want quick pick up, and play action.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
Id say both.. especially since NFS has been on sale almost everywhere for $35 - the game is a ton of fun but really more limited on gameplay and replayability than GT5.

GT5 is epic, I even love the GT TV option where you can watch HD video reports from various car shows around the world. Plus there is nothing like buying a shitty $15,000 car and dropping in $120,000 over time and making it a beast. I turned my original Suzuki Swift into a 180mph supercar.. then again if you upgrade all the cars they really arent too different from each other. Makes me kind of wish you cant upgrade cars, takes away the uniqueness from a Ferrari over a Camaro. Anyway.. GT5 is as good as any other installment of GT with prettier gfx and cars.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
RUF Porsches are in the game, I think 5-6 too. I have the 87 RUF, saw a Yellow Bird in game, and on the used lot I found the super boxter RUF but had no chance at affording it.