Poll: Great minds play alike?

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
Ok so I was bored when I looked up "Beyond good and evil" on amazon. I wanted to see how far it went down from the good as new price I paid for it long ago. One thing I could not help but notice were the games similar people have bought. See if this makes any sense to you?

"Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought"
Shadow of the Colossus
Psychonauts
Ico
Okami
Killer7
Chrono Trigger (psx)

So is it a marketing ploy? Or do all gamers with good taste just think alike?

Surreysmith

Aug 27, 2008
I have not played beyond good and evil or any of the other games mentioned so mabey the rule is games without taste think alike.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
I don't see the need for a poll here; however, I don't think any particular taste is good or bad, what someone likes is completely subjective. Just because they don't find your taste suits their taste doesn't mean it's bad taste.
Get my flavour?

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I haven't played any of those games but i see your point.

Probably yes, people who like those games go for games with artistic merit and something other than hideous amounts of blood and gore.
If you looked up halo you would see Gears of War, Mass Effect (everyone liked that game). Gears of War 2 and CoD4 not bad games, but games without the deep feeling and merit of games such as Shadow of the Colossus, like in Gears you get a chainsaw while in Okami the world is this flowing tapestry.

Different minds look for different things, though there is obviously some overflow and similarities.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
All 'cult classics' in the sense that the mainstream either finds them boring or just never bought them.

But Okami kicks ass.

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
never played any of those games... :S, and what was the need for a poll? didnt got it :p

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
It's all the "[insert game here] is so underrated! It diserved more praise! It flew under the radar! It diserved better sales! Do you agree with me?"
"Yup"
"Yup"
"Yup"
"Yup"
"Yup"

And more praising from dozens upon thousands of people who thought that [insert game here] was underrated. Well, if it's so underrated, why the hell do you guys keep talking about it? Hell, the only reason why I picked up Shadow of the Collosus was because everyone was going around saying how AMAZING it was and how it gave you a UNIQUE experience (which it did :D)

But everyone has different tastes, but it seems that sheep taste everything everyone taste.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
I thought everyone here was a more or less "game are art" person, who would see these are great original games. o_O i'm shocked.

Soda ex Machina

Aug 30, 2008
Eggo post=9.70071.679743 said:
Surreysmith post=9.70071.679645 said:
I have not played beyond good and evil or any of the other games mentioned so mabey the rule is games without taste think alike.
...So you haven't played any of those games yet you happen to decide who has good taste or not in gaming?

Oh dear.
Took the words out of my mouth.

minoes

Aug 28, 2008
Most of those games are platformers so that´s why i bought them, Killer 7 because of it´s Graphical style and Chrono Trigger for the character design by Akira Toriyama.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
I love all of those games with the exception of Okami and Killer 7 because I never played them. Beyond Good & Evil is one of the most underappreciated games of all time, and also one of my favorites.

Vincent9mm

May 11, 2008
They missed Silent Hill 2, Portal, and Earthbound. Other then that indeed, those are all games that are almost mandatory playthroughs... Though I have missed a few of those and only have a 360 (if only it could play ps2 games and have achievement points... thatd be my day).

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Chrono Trigger is my favorite game, and probably will be forever. Needless to say I was quite excited about the DS port.

kbag08

Aug 12, 2008
I only played ico and shadow of the colossus but the games on that list are all exceptional games

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
kbag08 post=9.70071.683972 said:
I only played ico and shadow of the colossus but the games on that list are all exceptional games
Thank you! at least someone here has played some of these awesome games.

Btw once again the poll was just for fun... so stop complaining about it

Kaname13

Mar 3, 2008
Played all of them. Loved them all, except for Psychonauts and Mario is Missing. Shgadow of the Colossus is my personal fave of the games listed.