Poll: Guys. Do you have any tattoos?

Louzon

Apr 9, 2009
I have four. I have a tribal pattern on both biceps, and a tribal pattern across my shoulder blades on my back, with the chinese symbol for "Father" in a space on the design on my back. The meaning behind it is that my father died when I was ten, and these tattoos symbolize that, with "father" in the middle of my back piece, he is all around me still. I wanted to get two more tribals to connect from my shoulder blades on my back, over my shoulders, and connecting to my arm tribals, which would have then symbolized that my dad's arms are always around me, but I got married soon after the back piece and money to spend on tattoos seemed... frivolous. If I ever have a big windfall, it'll happen though.

Smashingpass

Jan 10, 2013
None, as of yet, but I do plan on getting a few quotations tattooed onto my arms. One is a quote from the television show 'Lost', by the character Penny: "All we need to survive, is one person who truly loves us". The second will most likely be from the film 'Cloud Atlas', but I can't decide which of the poetic, inspirational lines to have ingrained upon my body.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Nah not really into them. Kinda scared of needles and would think a tattoo would look bad on me.

If I wanted one, would get the Sekirei symbol

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
As of now, no. However, I am going into the military in a few months and whatever branch I go into I might tattoo their insignia on my arm. The way I see it is if a tattoo doesn't have an relevant and obvious meaning to it than it is pointless. No offense to anyone who has it but I find Chinese letters, barbed wire, skulls and crossbones, crucifixes (that's mostly just because its cliche more than anything, though), tribal tattoos, angle wings on the back (which is really really stupid, even when it comes to bad tattoos), and tramp stamps are all terrible terrible tattoos and absolutely nobody should have them because they look so stupid.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
I don't mind tattoos but I'd never get one, I can't say I've ever seen or thought of anything I've liked enough to have permanently marked under my skin. Not saying they're bad at all, just not for me.

MoreThanANoob

Oct 9, 2012
Dave In A Cape said:
I don't have any but I would like at least one. Only problem is that I don't know what I'd want.
Same here. I'm indecisive at the best of times, so deciding on something that permanent could take months :p.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I don't really like tattoos that much. I might get one eventually if there's a design that I really want, but so far, I have none.

I'd probably get a Coheed and Cambria or Zelda related one if I did.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I've had plans to get a tattoo for ageeeees, but I'd want to get a really good tattooist to do it, and it costs a lot. When I do get one, it will have a cosmological theme, with some references to bands and H.R.Giger inspired stuff too. I want to get wrists (far enough back that I can wear sleeves and it will be covered fine), shoulders and upper arms.

Mick Beard

Jan 9, 2013
i have to on the inside of my arms opposite the elbow (elbow pit?)

one of the Rune Tyr and the other is Niku (japanese for meat)

got the Tyr rune due to my love of Nordic stuff and got the japanese for meat when i finished my Butchery apprenticeship.

happy with both.

have plans to get my full arms done but living life is expensive and i havent been able to afford it.

tho next year i might be getting something done traditionally (needles on a stick kinda thing) at an event

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Nope, I'm to cheap. However, I do appreciate the art and approve of anyone who does go through with it. But, I always think of what the money it'd cost could be better spent on later down the line.

Parkway91

Sep 1, 2011
I have Est. 1991 across my lower stomach and my most recent is Calvin and Hobbes acting as zombies on the front of my right thigh.

I don't plan on getting too many serious tattoos, but lots of them.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Terminate421 said:
geK0 said:
I think this is the third thread I posted this in; but no worries, I like showing it off : p

isn't that the Death Coil icon from WoW?
WRONG

it's the DeathCoil icon from WARCRAFT 3! *pimp slap*

.... yea it is

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
When your mom has tattoos and your dad has piercings... they just stop looking cool and interesting.
I have neither.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
afroebob said:
The way I see it is if a tattoo doesn't have an relevant and obvious meaning to it than it is pointless.
if it has meaning then it might be personal, if its personal then its probably not obvious to 99% of people who see it

ElectroJosh said:
I don't but I wouldn't mind one or two. The problem is I don't have anything really significant worth tatooing.
while I would advise against getting somthing based on a passing fad or joke I dont think "every tatoo must be super duper deep and meaningful" has to be the case

I think they are as meaningful or as unmeaningful as you want them to be, its not about what others think as well, an Assasns creed symbol might seem dumb/meaningless to one person while to somone else it may hold significance because the series is THAT important to them or it somehow influense their personal philisiphy
(for better or worse obviously)

in the end I think meaningful or frivilous it has to feel right...and definetly sit on the decision for a while

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
No, I'd like to have a few but unfortunately a lot of jobs in the healthcare business frown upon it. Granted I could do the shoulder/back thing, but if I were to get tattoos they'd be on my wrist/arms.

2HF

May 24, 2011
I'm planning on getting my first quite soon. Nothing fancy, a simple 1-up mushroom. It will commemorate the new life I intend to lead now that I've found a job that will allow me to live the way I want. It will be a reminder to stay on my diet, go to the gym, give it my all at work, do all the things I've always said I'd do once life improved.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
I have one tattoo. It was the result of a lost bet. I will let your imaginations run wild with the what and the where.