Poll: Guys. Do you have any tattoos?

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
I don't, but I'd kind of like to get one at some point, just a small one. Not gonna try to think of what image I'd get though, but if anything comes along that means enough, then I'd get that.

Aggy213

Sep 22, 2012
I have my first tattoo appointment booked for may 15th. Im really nervous but excited at the same time.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
this is going to sound stupid...but one of the things I wouldnt like is having to explain the to the tatoo person what I want

"you want THAT? *snrrk*...ok"

but then again they are probably used to people getting stupid shit on their bodys al the time

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
Aggy213 said:
I have my first tattoo appointment booked for may 15th. Im really nervous but excited at the same time.
When I got mine I didn't make an appointment, it was more like a walk-in situation. Kinda spur of the moment, really. If you had to make an appointment, can I assume that your tattoo is going to be fairly big, and can I ask what its going to be? Anyways, don't be nervous, it's not as painful as everyone says, and it just feels like a sunburn after it's all said and done.

OT: I have a chinese symbol on my left wrist (I would post a picture if I knew how) and I'm planning on getting my other wrist done probably over spring break. Keeping with the chinese theme, of course.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Playful Pony said:
No, i don't much like tattoos. I don't think they look cool or interesting. I just want to say ahead of time that I DON'T think less of anyone that has tattoos, the last time I mentioned I don't like the look of tattoos I got into a huge argument where the conclusion was that I'm aparently a horrible person for not liking that look...
its more when some self rightious killjoy comes along and starts berating people over tatoos always drawing out the "youll regret it when your 50" argument

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
Vault101 said:
Playful Pony said:
No, i don't much like tattoos. I don't think they look cool or interesting. I just want to say ahead of time that I DON'T think less of anyone that has tattoos, the last time I mentioned I don't like the look of tattoos I got into a huge argument where the conclusion was that I'm aparently a horrible person for not liking that look...
its more when some self rightious killjoy comes along and starts berating people over tatoos always drawing out the "youll regret it when your 50" argument
I'm just gonna point out that skin looks terrible when you're 50 anyways, might as well pimp it out while it's young. I know thats not your personal take, but it's out there.

I'm reminded of that thread on the Escapist not too long ago about the girl who let her boyfriend tattoo his name on her face in a giant gothic font. That, is truly regret-worthy.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Mossberg Shotty said:
I'm just gonna point out that skin looks terrible when you're 50 anyways, might as well pimp it out while it's young. I know thats not your personal take, but it's out there.
thats the thing....when your 50 its not so much that you "dotn care about yourlooks" but you certaintly dont treat them the same when you were 20, you might dress different, show less skin or not care...if its that much of an issue then get it in a place that you know is gonna be covered by that time

and not everyone is the same...some people really like tatoos died hair or flamboyant styles and will wear that untill they 80,

[quote/]I'm reminded of that thread on the Escapist not too long ago about the girl who let her boyfriend tattoo his name on her face in a giant gothic font. That, is truly regret-worthy.[/quote]
some tatoos are more retarded than others

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
krazykidd said:
I don't have any tattoo. I don't like tattoos on men . But they are super sexy on women , in my opinion . It makes men look dirty and women sexy .
It's weird, I'm exactly the opposite in that respect. Although, maybe it's because the majority of girls I've seen with tattoos all have criminally unimaginative shit like Tinkerbell or some horrible tribal nonsense above their arse crack.

Anyhoo, OT: I've got almost an entire sleeve done, (sadly my tattoo guy moved away before he could finish and I don't trust anyone else to finish it to the same standard,) a chest piece, some Chinese symbols, and a couple of '13''s. I plan on getting a large piece on my ribs if I can find someone who can do it the way I want, but until then, this is the one I'm happiest with:

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
krazykidd said:
I don't have any tattoo. I don't like tattoos on men . But they are super sexy on women , in my opinion . It makes men look dirty and women sexy .
That's funny, I think the opposite. I think tats are cool on guys, but not on women, it usually just makes them look trashy/slutty.

Don't currently have any, because I'm too poor. Will probably get a few here down the road a bit though.

Kafloobop

Nov 11, 2009
I have thousands of little dots tattoo'd all over my body. However most of them are on my upper body.

Yeah they're just freckles

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
I have two, one I got a the insistence of an ex-gf though I still like it.

The other I got matching with my wife for a six year anniversary. Only difference is her's is purple.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
No tattoos, although I wouldn't mind one, as long as it's awesome looking (my brother got a Phoenix on his back, and it looks fantastic).

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Got some sunflowers going from my shoulder blade over on to my chest, an Allen Ginsberg quote, a 1up Mushroom, a voodoo mask (that I'd like to get covered as part of a sleeve to expand the sunflowers, but I don't have the money or job security for that yet), and Parasoul from Skullgirls in a military uniform on my calf.

I want more, but the money isn't looking good for it. Plus I can't think of anything good. I want some monsters in that usual Japanese style tattooing of like tigers and koi fish and stuff but so far all I can think of is a displacer beast and Bowser; the displacer beast seems too colorless to be appealing and I think Bowser would look weird for the placement that I want. I've begun leaning towards a chimera, but that's just because I think they look cool, so I'm kind of meh on that and I don't like getting tattoos unless I'm pretty fucking excited for it (hence the covering of the voodoo mask tat).

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I'm currently getting two of my three tattoos removed because, while I like them just fine, they irritated my skin even after nine years. Maybe because of the colored ink. Yay. It's pretty insanely painful, but it seems to have helped already. Oh well.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
I wonder if this [https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151319914548981&l=885b094268] will work.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'd get Eddie the Head on my arm, but I don't know if it's a good idea.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
Vault101 said:
afroebob said:
The way I see it is if a tattoo doesn't have an relevant and obvious meaning to it than it is pointless.
if it has meaning then it might be personal, if its personal then its probably not obvious to 99% of people who see it
If nobody understands its meaning than whats the point of having it? It would be like my bragging about my PC specs to someone who doesn't understand PCs, all it is is incomprehensible crap that they wont understand and that makes it completely meaningless. The only difference is that even if they don't understand my PC specs it doesn't matter because the point of having a good PC isn't showing it off but the point of a tattoo is.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
afroebob said:
The only difference is that even if they don't understand my PC specs it doesn't matter because the point of having a good PC isn't showing it off but the point of a tattoo is.
is it though? really? tatoos can be personal,

while I dont have any tatoos I do cover my possesions/surroundings with pretty things...my desktop wallpaper is a painting of an icy landscape with a bigass robot with glowing eyes....to most people it might not even register or it might look sily..just another "fantasy painting"...to me I really like it because I think its a gorgeous painting thats easy on the eyes. my room is absolutly covered with framed artwork/posters which most might find "ok" at best or tacky at worst, thease things are all a form of self expression., from the cover people get on their iphones to the images they get ingrained in their skin, it all says "I like this, I assosiate myself with this, I how other people I like this"..in the end what matters is how it makes me/them feel

as for meaning if it looks cool then meaning is irrelevent unless you know the person and/or they explain it to you having the meaning "obvious" like some psuedo "deep" quote or whatever is kind of cliche and hardly "meaningful"

Arctodus_Simus

When I say "oo", you say "long"
Aug 23, 2010
There should be a "not yet" option, for I have none at the moment, but quite the shopping list of options for when I can finally bloody afford them :)

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Vault101 said:
Playful Pony said:
I've never started a talk about tattoos. There is always someone who starts talking about them and asks me what kind of tattoos I like. When I say I don't like them at all their eyes go wide and the next 5 minutes is spent answering "I just don't like them" to variations of the question "why not?"... Whenever I have tried to justify why I don't like them I seem to be digging an even deeper grave! I don't care that people have tattoos, I don't care what it'll look like when your 50 just don't make me out as some freak because I don't like them X3.