Poll: Halo 3 Recon Armor

I Resurection I

Sep 2, 2009
So with the release of Halo 3 Odst bungie promised players that recon armor is now an unlockable armor in Halo 3 and they will no longer be giving it to players. Recon armor can be unlocked by completing all seven vidmaster achivments from Halo 3 and Halo 3 Odst. So my question to you is how vidmasters have you done and out of those which ones and how much trouble did you have getting them?

Edit: I have completed all but one from Halo 3, and 0 in ODST casue I don't own it.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I've done a few but I don't really care about Recon armour. Pretty soon everyone online is going to have and I want to be different to them and not have it. Give me Hayabusa body (not katana) 1 CQB shoulder, 1 Hayabusa shoulder and the Rogue helm any day.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I prefer the original armor to everything else. Or, if I have to switch, 2 hayabusa shoulders and a ODST helmet.

Poketom

Apr 14, 2009
3 - would have 4 if it wasn't for 7 on 7. We're looking for one more decent halo player to get endure, annual and Deja vu. Got all the tactics sorted just need the player (Pref. as close to GMT+0) XD

Msg/Add me on whatever if interested (see profile)

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
I doing the vid-masters for the hell of it. I like my halo 3 armour combo right now and intend to stick with it.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Zero; I got Recon already, so I haven't really felt much pressure to go do the Achievements. I'll probably do a few of them just for fun, though, but later on. The first Annual and the Firefight ones sound particularly interesting.

-- Steve

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
I have only done the vidmasters: 7 on 7, Classic, and the one were you find the skulls :)
I don't think i'll be doing annual or Deja Vu anytime soon. So many pepole will have recon in the future that it won't be as special.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
I have 3 from Halo 3. I do not own ODST currently, but hopefully will soon.

And I only think the chest piece looks cool.

Rokar333

Half Evil
Oct 1, 2009
Personally I don't like the look of the Recon armor helmet, which is the most distinctive part. However I have been doing the achievements with my friends just for the heck of it. Some of them are actually really fun.

Like Deja Vu. If you meet the conditions (4 players, Legendary, Iron skull on) everybody starts out with a Rocket Launcher containing 9998 Rockets, as well as two Mongooses(or is that Mongeese?) Either way that was a really fun, though occasionally frustrating playthrough of the final level.

Arcyde

Nov 16, 2008
I have all 7 vidmasters. [http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/achievements.aspx?player=l%20Ancient%20l]

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Rokar333 said:
Personally I don't like the look of the Recon armor helmet, which is the most distinctive part. However I have been doing the achievements with my friends just for the heck of it. Some of them are actually really fun.

Like Deja Vu. If you meet the conditions (4 players, Legendary, Iron skull on) everybody starts out with a Rocket Launcher containing 9998 Rockets, as well as two Mongooses(or is that Mongeese?) Either way that was a really fun, though occasionally frustrating playthrough of the final level.
Isn't the Recon helm the Rogue one? If it is, I quite like it.

[sup]Welcome to The Escapist.[/sup]

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
I haven't had access to LIVE for almost 2 months now, so I've only gotten 3 of them done.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I have always wanted the recon armour, but now that everyone can have it I will probably take turns with different parts. I have always liked the shoulders...

But I don't have ODST yet so I have no Recon, but all of the vidmasters from Halo 3.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
sasquatch99 said:
Isn't the Recon helm the Rogue one? If it is, I quite like it.
The "Dare" character in ODST is wearing a recon helmet, though it looks a tad over-sized given she's not wearing full armour.

Here's a picture of Recon armour [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/File:ReconArmor.png] from the waist up.

-- Steve

Karyudo

Sep 24, 2009
So far I've done the 4 that DON'T require you to have 4 players. So far Classic was the most fun though. I'm not really doing them for the armor, though the shoulders I do like and maybe the chest piece. I found classic to be a rather interesting challenge though on it's own. Really didn't take me that long to get. While I haven't gotten around to the annual achievements they both look very doable. Personally I'm thinking Endure will actually end up being the hardest.. or at least take the longest.