Poll: happy vs sad (or optimistic vs pasimistic)

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
More like you, though instead of being genuinely sad, I'm just apathetic, emotionally dead, 'til theres something to be happy about(which happens rarely, but DOES in fact happen). I don't really get all that depressed nowadays, though I used to have a form of depression several years back, though that's seemingly over.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
As I said before, sorry, english isnt my first language either so it was very stupid of me to not think of that possibility. But hell, it wasnt meant as an insult or anything anyway, I wasnt trying to say "OMG you stupid fuck work on your spelling you idiot" or whatever, so sorry again if it came across that way.

As for the title, I actually think its fine, I meant for me personally its not really a versus thing. I dont really have an issue with the title and I dont think anyone else does, since no one has said so.
dont worry about it and the title? i myself am not very happy with it cause (as i said) its not realy a vs thing...
again if anyone has a better title tell me...

Rubucopter

Jul 26, 2009
I'm a really happy person. I don't let much get to me. Although it wasn't always like that. I went through a time where I wasn't happy a lot.(you could call it a bit emo) I think I've grown up or learned to accept myself and the way things are. I'm quite blessed with a wonderful husband and I'm healthy. No reason to be cranky over little things as long as you have your health.

Sep 14, 2009
things can always get better, but at the same time things can always get worse.

personally i look for the good in people/things, so i'm very optimistic about things, however most of the time i do realize all consequences of things so generally i go into things not expecting much, but when i do get much out of it, i'm pretty happy on most days.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
idodo35 said:
Vault101 said:
Happyness is not a goal you strive towards....it simply is
(in my opinion) happiness is a resolt for something good that happened
sadness and desperation comes from the lack of something good/happy thing...
so... yea...
Not true. What you are describing is elation, which is the rush of positive feelings you get when things go well. It's a reaction, much like anger and sadness, rather than a state of mind.

Happiness and depression are states of mind, though whether or not one can simply "choose" to be happy or depressed is up for debate. I prefer to believe that happiness is a choice, but I understand why some believe otherwise. It's easy for me to say happiness is a choice when my life is going pretty well, but for others who aren't as fortunate as I am, well... I can't say I can fully comprehend their situations and to even pretend I could is just stupid and an insult to them. But still, I like to believe that were my life to take a turn for the worse, I'd still be able to cope and be happy (once the shock of it all passes). Not that I'd want that to happen. :p

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
I'm a pasimist. Primarily because there's people on this earth who can't be bothered to spell check their titles. It makes me so depressed.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm normally neutral, but for the sake of this, I'm like you.

I can't force myself to be happy and I hate it when other people try to make me happy, a noble effort but please stop. Happiness is not something that I can force myself into doing, it should be something that just happens, not something you should constantly try to obtain.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
As my parents always say "It's better to laugh than it is to cry".

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I'm sort of neutral with a small leaning to optimistic.

I used to be super pessimistic, but then I realized it was interfering with my workout and since then I've been more positive.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
I'm usually emotionally dead. Helps to stave off frequent crying[footnote]This is coming from a male. Yes, I know that's a stereotype. Doesn't make crying any less annoying.[/footnote] :(

My general view on life is, "yes, you're all nice people. Stay away from me anyway, and we'll get along just fine."

It's kinda hard to get the message across that you don't care without telling people... well, that you don't really care. And I don't like being TOO blunt, so me and my damn self have to sit and listen when we really would rather be doing other stuff.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
FalloutJack said:
I'm a happy little cynic. Have you got an entry for that?
no i mean are you (seriosly) am happy/sad not jokes... for example when i joke i have a HUGE ego i consider myself gods gift to the human race but i know im a tool and a douche...

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
idodo35 said:
FalloutJack said:
I'm a happy little cynic. Have you got an entry for that?
no i mean are you (seriosly) am happy/sad not jokes... for example when i joke i have a HUGE ego i consider myself gods gift to the human race but i know im a tool and a douche...
Well, I was actually beingkind of serious. You see, life is good for me, I'm laid back and feeling fine, but I have this ultimate contempt for some of the things in the world and I see trouble all over the place. It's a weird paradox. I think I relax to keep from going insane. See, I have a cynical view, but I enjoy life. It's too low to be optimistic, but too high to be pessimistic. I took two courses in Psychology and I don't know what the fuck is going on.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I'm usually apathetic, occasionally happy or sad if there's good reason to be. For the most part I just don't care anymore so there's nothing to be particularly sad or happy about.

IkeGreil29

Jul 25, 2010
I'm a terribly pessimistic person. I've no idea why exactly, but life hasn't been really kind with me, and I'm quite the jackass once in a while, and so I disappoint myself. I hate myself for doing some things... I don't know, I need help XD

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
IkeGreil29 said:
I'm a terribly pessimistic person. I've no idea why exactly, but life hasn't been really kind with me, and I'm quite the jackass once in a while, and so I disappoint myself. I hate myself for doing some things... I don't know, I need help XD
join the club my friend! (lol you described my answer to that if id been asked...)