Poll: Has a game ever made you cry?

Zenomorph

Jul 12, 2010
well half life 2 in a certain part that if you played the game you know what im talking about.....WINSTON NOOOO I HARDLY KNEW YOU *sobs*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy61r3Qkm6o

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Actual cry type crying? With the tears and whatnot?

Nah.

A few have come close though.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
The ending of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (pre-credits) made me cry. Not bawl, but cry. Manly tears, I assure you.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Persona 3
When Aigis loses to Death and calls herself useless before shutting down.
Persona 4
When Nanako died.
Those were pretty heavy moments for me.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Does it count if your save got corrupted some 40 hours into the game? I think it was Baldur's Gate 2. Taught me the value of multiple saves/

RAMBO22

Jul 7, 2009
I've come close to crying but never cried over any particular game experience.

I think the non-legendary ending of Halo 3 nearly made me cry.

I'm sure ME2 nearly made me cry several times.

Thinking about the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, because it gets me so damn nostalgic...

I think that's about it.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Amberella said:
It's been awhile for me.

But the last time I cried in a game was the end of MGS3. The Boss. :((
Was going to say that exactly.... she was a hero... she sacrificed everything for her country.... and yet shes destined to be remembered has one of the biggest war criminals...

TheBoss... i salute you!!!

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.

You thought I was going to spoil one of the most emotional moments in gaming for you? fat chance. Play it yourself.

...Alright, I'll give you a hint. Time travel is possible.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
The ending to Zelda Wind Waker always gets me... no matter what i do...

And their is this one point in Neir i remember quite clearly
Emile saving his friends by sacrificing himself to close a black hole growing right behind them. ... even though after the second play through its shown he was alright. Thanks a lot Nier for making me shed tears for nothing...

Mute52

Sep 22, 2009
My rage at the final boss in Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts gave me tears of anguish

spacecowboy86

Jan 7, 2010
krseyffert said:
this is odd, but i get really close to crying whenever i hear "still alive" from mirror's edge
Must be a disorder, because I do the exact same thing.

OT:pretty much anything that makes you either go "damn... I should be dead." or "damn... at least I went down kicking". don't ask me to name examples, you'll know the feeling when you experience it.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
The last game that made me cry was MSG3. I am pretty sure people know what I am talking about without me spoiling anymore.

Bobic said:
No, because I'm a man dammit.
How does not crying make you a man?

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
snagli said:
definitely red dead redemption. so sad to see John die, after all he did.
For some reason I had little attachment to Marston... I was pissed off at the double-crossing bastards that killed him, but not sad for him.

As for myself,

The second time I played through Virmire in Mass Effect 1 my hands were shaking for a while.

The sacrifice at the Battle of Cascade falls got me. Something about that character's development just really impacted me.

Also the Heavy Rain ending, "Tears in the Rain" probably would've gotten me if I had received that ending after playing the game (I've only watched playthroughs since I don't have a PS3). So sad...

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
Christopher Rockriver said:
natster43 said:
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future made me tear up a bit. That is the closest to full out crying I have ever came from a video game.
I wasn't strong enough to resist the full-out crying. That ending, good gods.
"BUT I'M NOT A GENTLEMAN YET!"

Goddamnit, Level 5.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
Yes, now sto asking!

Oh all right.

Sadness: MGS3, MGS4, Persona 3 and Ace Combat 5, FFVII, FFX, FFX-2
Probebly a few more besides but I'm too tired to come up with any more.

Nostalgia: more than I care to count.

That wierd feeling of being alone in your efforts but not realizing how much it weighs on you till the weight is lifted and you know your not in it alone and that people are supporting you and care about you: Grandia 2, Okami, FFIX, MGS4

There are plenty of games that have eliceted an emotional response that didn't quite reach the leval of tears though.

EDIT: I also tear up when a song or a scene is, for lack of a better word, beautiful:
MGS3s Credits music, Mirrors Edge - Still Alive, FFVIII - Eyes On Me, Okami - all the bloody time! but especially Reset (Thank You), A lot of Final Fantasy music to be frank.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
The time I really remember crying over a game was in Dark Cloud, when Goro (the party member you pick up in the forest village of Matataki) found out why his father died through a message from him in an amulet. Pretty powerful for a game with no voice acting.

TitanAtlas said:
Amberella said:
It's been awhile for me.

But the last time I cried in a game was the end of MGS3. The Boss. :((
Was going to say that exactly.... she was a hero... she sacrificed everything for her country.... and yet shes destined to be remembered has one of the biggest war criminals...

TheBoss... i salute you!!!
I know it's a case of 'Your Mileage May Vary' but when I watched that last video all I kept thinking was "You stupid woman. You're supposed to be the best spy in the world and you let yourself get killed for a country that just loves to fuck you over. You could have just got on the plane with me. It's not like they needed your body for proof, they were going to carpet bomb the area anyway. You could have just killed Volgin, taken the Philospher's Legacy and all the plans for the Shagohod and returned to the US, giving the Soviets whatever share of the spoils would placate them. You could have fucking lived."

So I suppose I did care about her in the end. I cared enough to wish she hadn't been so damn stubborn.