Poll: Has a movie ever caused you to yell out in a theater?

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
BoredDragon said:
I was going to say "No, because I am not mentally challenged," but technically I have.

I went to see The Matrix Reloaded with my then-girlfriend (yes, majority of escapists, I was alive when the N64 came out). One of the trailers was for Freddie Vs. Jason. The whole time I was bitching in her ear because a group of teens in front of us wouldn't shut up. They had stopped talking by the end of the preview for the indescribably stupid film. The last part of the trailer was a woman screaming "Place your bets!" I cracked up. My laughter was cacaphonous. My ex had not yet shot me a go-to-Hell look like this.

Ace2991

Jul 28, 2010
300! Me my dad were both like fuck yeah when Leonidas had kicked the messenger off the cliff than said This is Sparta! Hell I think everyone was happy at that particular moment!

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Saelune said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Saelune said:
Does it count if I yelled because everyone was clapping?

Cause..people who clap at movies are idiots. Its annoying, rude, and no one hears it who wants to. (ie the actors)
And yelling is perfectly acceptable?

"These people are making noise! To stop them, I will make even more noise!"

It's why shushing is pointless.

Anyway, no. I've wanted to, but restrained myself.
I yelled out "They cant hear you clapping!"
It may not solve the issue really there, but who knows, maybe there was less clapping in the future by those people.
Oh, that's fine. I was picturing you going into a big lecture or something.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Yes.
I yelled out during the most recent Saw movie for the ground to shut the f- up.
Seriously.. That movie was nothing.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
No, but if I had the liberty to I would. I don't want to ruin it for others.
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Starship Troopers: "KILL THE *****"
Wouldn't that have made more sense in Aliens ;)?

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
At the movie? Not really but there is a time I was watching Predators and there was a kid that could have been no older than seven sitting right behind me and would talk and make noise several times during the movie (like when the rapist prisoner who fucks his sister got his spine ripped out on screen) who was sitting next to his mother. I wanted to turn around and say to the mother "Did you know that you are an awful parent?"

May 5, 2010
Not yell out, no. However, my friends and I loudly laughed our asses off all the way through Daybreakers. Eventually, other people started laughing too.

Wade Wilson

Jun 21, 2009
While I was watching Spider-Man 3, somebody in the row behind me shouted "That's RETARDED!"

Though this isn't the same as shouting out, towards the end of the same film, I demanded the attention of the friends I invited to watch said turd with me, so that I could make a full and frank apology for dragging them to this film, right there as the film was playing.

Edit: Actually, once when I was watching a trailer for Wanted, just before The Incredible Hulk, I did rather loudly announce that "The Loom is telling them to kill people! The LOOM OF DOOM!"

I really didn't like Wanted.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I only really shout at a movie if I'm watching it with friends in a closed, non-theatre environment. I find it rude to shout in the theatre.

Having said that, there was one incident when me and a bunch of friends saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice. When it came to the part where the bad guy (I don't remember his name) does a Jedi mind trick to some guy. In unison, all of my friends and I did the hand wave and quietly chanted "These are not the droids you are looking for" at the exact moment the Billy Idol wannabe did.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of The Crystal Skull.

After the credits my reaction was "....MOTHERF***ING ALIENS!"

Goatmeat

Jun 17, 2011
I've never really yelled out but have muttered under my breath. There were a couple of things in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy film that made me go "Oh, for fuck's sake," under my breath, loud enough that the girl I was watching it with elbowed me and went "Shh!" but that's about it.

I've never yelled because I know that if I was watching a movie and heard some ponce who thought he was funny yell something at the screen, I'd think "Someone punch that guy." Like when you go to see a comedian and some guy in the audience heckles and is just genuinely annoying. Maybe 1% of the time they say something that's actually funny, but the other 99% of the time those poeple are cockbags.

When I watch films in the house, on the other hand, I sometimes get overly animated. Especially if I've been drinking and it's a really, really bad film. If I end up coaxed into watching a romantic comedy, there are often remarks such as "What the fuck," or "Hooray for casual racism!" And I recently seen a film with Russel Brand in it and at about three or four points made comments about how unfunny the film was.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Just today while watching Captain America. The post-credits scene made me scream "DUDE!". Sure their were only 3 people (including me and my brother) but still...

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Not during the movie, per se.

I went to see the new Harry Potter film a week ago, and after the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises, I yelled out, "BATMAN!" in the theatre. Got some giggles.

And then I spent the rest of the film thinking about Batman.

The Arctic Nun

Jun 2, 2010
The first Paranormal Activity, there was a gap between the end of the film and the credits. A good long maybe thirty seconds or so of nothing but a black screen.

So I said out loud in the cinema, "Well. This is awkward."

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Jarlaxl said:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

I'm no Harry Potter fan, but my friends were going to see it so I figured, eh, why not.

Packed theater, full of young 'uns whose parents let them stay out late to see the movie.

Lights dim, movie starts, everyone goes silent at once.

At that golden moment of utter silence, I yell out:

"SO WHEN DOES HERMOINE GET RAILED?"
You evil, evil man.

OT: Haven't ever actually yelled at the screen... although "Swing Vote" had me reeeeeally close.