Poll: Has the Escapist community changed? Or is it just me?

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
The Cool Kid said:
TopazFusion said:
The Cool Kid said:
you should no longer revel in childish past times as your view on life is different
FUN and ENJOYMENT
These must be very foreign concepts to you
The Cool Kid said:
There is accepting answers when they are coherent and make sense, then there is debating them when they do not
And on this note I would like to get the thread back on topic:
[HEADING=1]If the Escapist has gone downhill, it's because of a prevalent undercurrent of self-superiority, arrogance, intolerance, and 'holier-than-thou' attitudes.[/HEADING]
Bizarrely, I don't find colouring books entertaining anymore. I know. Crazy or what?! I mean, all adults still have colouring books don't they?
Ah, more "burn the heretic" crap. Or how about telling me why it's good and healthy to enjoy a show made for little girls? Or is the real issue that you can't and you don't like that truth?

And thanks for showing how far the escapist has fallen.
Why do we need to defend what we like you to? How is it bad or unhealthy to enjoy a tv program that is wholly inoffensive? Also what truth? That we really don't like it, that we're in denyal of your amazing logic?

And fallen from what 2 months ago?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Redlin5 said:
No, not Cod! That fish is generic and lacks the Potassium we need to survive! D:

[sub]The goofy nature of this community shall not die while I'm still here![/sub]
MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE WRATH OF COD!

And I will begin assisting in any way I can!

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
TopazFusion said:
KefkaCultist said:
Must not feed the troll. Must not feed the troll.
This is good advice.
Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to do it again...

The Cool Kid said:
All in all guys though, you can see my criticism of how some of these folk are unable and unwilling to debate, and just scream heretic instead. It's a far cry from the old forums...
*looks at join date* "8 November 2011"

Based on what I've bolded and the observation of your join date, I've put 2 and 2 together and I'm now under the assumption that you are an old user who got banned for some reason and has made an alternate account. I may be wrong on this assumption, but my feeling is pretty strong. If I'm right then I really hope you get banned again soon, hopefully with an IP ban.

And I must say this: if you've noticed, whenever I mentioned your posts I put debate in quotations. The reason why is because you seem to have this screwed up notion of what a debate is. In a debate you're supposed to gather information (aka facts) and support your opinions with them to persuade your opponent to see things your way. It also builds notability if you see your opponents own viewpoint and form a well organized and thought out rebuttal to it. What you've done is state your opinions as facts and antagonize a group of people with ignorant comments all the while pretty much ignoring anything they've said back to you.

That is all I wish to say to you sir. I have no desire to continue this conflict, so I am moving on. I suggest you do the same.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Greni said:
The Cool Kid, Topaz Fusion I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.

Thank you for that. Now for this for the cool kid. When he gets the attention from his troll post.

(If anyone can help out with the video it would be a big help)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Stanczyk said:
Also, fuck people who sell fish on Tuesdays. Self-righteous one-man army pricks. IF I WANTED MY FUCKING FISH ON TUESDAY THEY WOULD HAVE CALLED IT FISHDAY

If you sell fish on Tuesday, you are the cancer killing the Escapist.
If you want to leave the Escapist, you could always request a ban.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Outcast107 said:
Thank you for that. Now for this for the cool kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DSTzPSGKc

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
This thread really does pop up quiet a lot, doesn't it? I reckon I must be coming up to about three years on the site but I can't say I've been around as long as some of the others. Apparently I've been around long enough that I've seen this topic seven or eight times, though.

I've seen changes on the site, yes. Good and bad. Probably more bad, though. A few members I liked got banned (though mainly due to their own faults), the whole PubClub thing which still kind of irks me and the constant additions to the rules. For now the good outweighs the bad though, and I kind of see it staying that way for as long as I'll probably use the site. With university coming up I'm not really going to have time to play any video games, let alone talk about them. So, as long as no new rules somewhere along the lines of "you must have at least 5 lines of writing in your posts because anything under that is low content! GOD FORBID THE LOW CONTENT! ALL PRAISE HIGH CONTENT!" pops up in the next few months I'll probably never leave out of disdain.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Outcast107 said:
Thank you for that. Now for this for the cool kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DSTzPSGKc

Thanks for the help. I can never remember what to put for pictures and videos. I should write it down.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Been lurking since 2008 and it seems like everything is so repetitive now.
Also I'm often scared to post my opinion on the interesting subjects for fear of being banned.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
Look kid, I'll give you a little hint of what the forums used to be like.

This topic has been done over and over again. Since 2007.

Use the search bar.
pretty much. I joined in... I forget, like 2 years ago, and I haven't noticed any difference.

This site does have its ups and downs though, just like everybody else.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Well this thread seems to have deteriorated into an MLP hatefest with trolls and people who didn't like my topic. It's a shame, but on the upside it took about 4 pages to get really bad.

I guess that's what I get for wanting to have a thread with a point.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
TopazFusion said:
The Cool Kid said:
you should no longer revel in childish past times as your view on life is different
FUN and ENJOYMENT
These must be very foreign concepts to you
The Cool Kid said:
There is accepting answers when they are coherent and make sense, then there is debating them when they do not
And on this note I would like to get the thread back on topic:
[HEADING=1]If the Escapist has gone downhill, it's because of a prevalent undercurrent of self-superiority, arrogance, intolerance, and 'holier-than-thou' attitudes.[/HEADING]
I understand you're angry, but posting in all caps doesn't give your argument any more merit.

Though, I suppose I would agree that feelings of "self-superiority" occur quite often on this site.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
Well this thread seems to have deteriorated into an MLP hatefest with trolls and people who didn't like my topic. It's a shame, but on the upside it took about 4 pages to get really bad.

I guess that's what I get for wanting to have a thread with a point.
4 pages is long enough to be successful in my book.

Fun fact: the longer the thread, the more hate is bound to be flowing through it.

Hate attracts people