Poll: Has your taste of games changed over the years?

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I used to hate fantasy games. Then I played Morrowind. My taste has changed greatly over the years.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I used to really enjoy racing, platform, and TPS games.
Now I really enjoy RPG, FPS, TPS, racing, platform, and RTS games.
Because I am open. :)

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
As a kid I liked racing games, that gradually changed to shooters when I was about 14. Now I hardly ever play shooters anymore, but practically everything else.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
I'm surprised so many are saying their taste has changed, personally my taste is indistinguishable from 15 years ago. (changes in genre and game technology allowed)

Basically my taste is whatever is good, with a bias towards RPG, and FPS but I do play any genre so long as the game is good. - That hasn't changed from the 80's :) (except FPS didn't exist then of course, but as soon as wolf 3d, doom, quake, duke nukem 3d etc.. where out I was all over the genre like a rash.

Miffmoff

Aug 31, 2009
I used to play games like Spyro in a mystical time before games had to have the generic terrorists have WMDs and YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN STOP THEM! storyline. Now I've taken to playing stratedgy and shooters

A-Heart-Of-Gold

Apr 25, 2010
I have grown used to FPS's more than I did about 7 years ago yet I love nothing more than playing thouse old games on my N64!

Veleste

Mar 27, 2010
I still mainly play RPG's, now I play Western Rpg's more than J-rpg but that's the only real change. <3 Bethesda.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
A little....
having developed a fanaticism for gaming over the last few years I'm definitely more open to other genres, except sport, but where I started with GTA III and FPS like Medal of Honour on the PS1 it's the GTA series that seems to have gotten old but I'll happily still play open world games.
I'm also more of a fiend for racing games with Motorstorm and Split/Second but Gran Turismo still leaves me cold. That said, I do have a copy of GT: A Spec to try and see if I can be arsed with it now I'm a little older... but I doubt it. I like my racers to be an immediate thrill not a test of patience.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
A good bit, yes. As a younger kid I played mainly platformers, occasionally getting into my brothers RPG's and Windwaker (kinda strange, as my first games were Pokemon Yellow and Oracle of Seasons). Being older, though, I'm more of an RPG man, and I'm no longer horribly intimidated by SRPG's.

DarkHuntress

Apr 8, 2010
Actually no. My gaming taste have remained the same. I have always preferred RPG's. I can play any game genre but RPG's are my true home.

Too bad there are so few of them now.

Rewold

Mar 18, 2010
Used to be more into FPS but now I like adventures, puzzles and exploration more. Though RPG remains my favorite genre! I like nearly all genres but I always have phases on what genre I want to play. A horrific RPG phase is going atm just so you know.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Nope, i always have and forever will enjoy killing stuff.

More seriously though, i've always been pretty broad minded with videogames so i never really had a taste as such to begin with

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Yes and no. I still don't like sports games. Other than that as I get older I find my I am not as limited to 1 genre like I used to be.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I've always loved all games except drivers, FPSes (with a few exceptions) and sports games. Nothing's really changed (I even still like some of the kiddier games I liked as a kid, Croc 2 and Monkey Hero never get old), although I guess you could say my tolerance for FPSes has gotten slightly better as I got less terribly-bad at them. And some GOOD shooters like BioShock and Halo (the FIRST one) have been released.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
Nope i still pretty much play stealthy action, puzzle, hack and slash beat em ups with some Third and First person shooters and JRPG's added in.
So just about everything then? Same with me, I think as long as the game is fun and well made I like it and will want to play it, and that hasn't changed since I was a kid.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Nope. Still love the same types of games like I used to. Maybe except for the platform games because when I was a kid, most of the games were platfom-based. So keeping myself from an overdosis of it, I don't play/like them anymore.

Professor Moon

Jun 12, 2010
They have changed, but I still play games from when I was little. I only use to play Platformers, but now I'll play anything that entertains me.