Poll: Have creme eggs got smaller?

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I haven't really noticed tbh, if that's the case though, i'll just get more of them. God I love creme eggs!!

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
I was having this exact same convo with my brother yesterday- I swear they used to be about twice the size.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
for what i heard, they remove chocolate from it because the price of the metric ton of chocolate have like double in the last few years

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I just got dissapointed every easter because my easter eggs always turned out to be hollow. I dreamed of a solid chocolate easter egg, and every year that passed without one a little bit of me died. Then I realised you could drink milk out of the hollow half shells, using them as an edible cup. That eased the pain a little.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I'm willing to bet they are smaller. Everything has been getting smaller for a long time.

cathou said:
for what i heard, they remove chocolate from it because the price of the metric ton of chocolate have like double in the last few years
So my understanding is cocoa is pretty much the worst thing you can grow because you get pennies per kilo. I'm assuming it's being abandoned for drugs or the typically wasteful and retarded biofuel agriculture.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
I think some proved this, didn't they? Measured the average size over a few years and found they were getting smaller. Can't remeber where I read that or be bother to look it up though, so it could be something I saw in a movie without realizing =\

HvD

Lord of Dragons
Apr 16, 2009
Not only have the eggs gotten smaller, but they have also replaced the cream on the inside. I remember as a child the cream on the inside was actually runny and gooey with an "egg yolk" in the middle. I just bought a cream egg recently to relive those childhood memories only to find out that not only were the eggs smaller but they had replaced the ooey gooey goodness with a solid sugar filling. What the heck guys, half the fun of eating the things was the mess they made. Oh yeah the new filling also tastes like cr*p.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
HvD said:
Not only have the eggs gotten smaller, but they have also replaced the cream on the inside. I remember as a child the cream on the inside was actually runny and gooey with an "egg yolk" in the middle. I just bought a cream egg recently to relive those childhood memories only to find out that not only were the eggs smaller but they had replaced the ooey gooey goodness with a solid sugar filling. What the heck guys, half the fun of eating the things was the mess they made. Oh yeah the new filling also tastes like cr*p.
I haven't had one in a while, sucks that they changed it. Not really a cream egg anymore I guess.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
HvD said:
No idea which eggs you've been buying, but the Cadbury's Creme Eggs you get in the UK still have white and yellow extremely sticky goo, just like always :)

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
FamoFunk said:
I could live off creme eggs!

I think they've gotten smaller, but what pisses me more is the price of them and the goddamn price of Space Raiders seems to be never end in increasing! :mad:
You sir have taken the words out of my mouth. You ninja.

To void low content: They have gotten smaller and have gone up in price to make a profit.