Poll: Have you ever been banned?

gurall200

Apr 14, 2009
From anything, club, website, the escapist, any thing.

Banned from GameSpot, not hard surprisingly, it's really easy actually (and fun.)

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Uhm... no, not really. I was banned from a server on TF2 once but that was because some mods are simply idiotic there.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Temporary or permanent?

I've gotten 3 temporary bans in my ~13 years of being a "creature of the internet", but I have never recieved a permanent ban from any site. I'd say that's pretty good considering how much trouble I tend to cause. ;P

Edit: Nothing on this site so far. I hope to keep it that way. :)

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
No, I am generally a good user...Most of the time.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Only on some servers, but that is because of stupidity, and not any rule breaking by me.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Uhm... no, not really.
Same, I guess i'm just to mundane to banned. I haven't even had any warnings etc from the escapist. Got to admit, i'm starting to wonder whether i'm just being too careful on this website, making sure I don't offend anyone as I want to stay :)

The Eggplant

May 4, 2010
Er, not that I can remember. I guess if one were to count not being allowed into my old Guild Wars guild's high-end raid group anymore because my reflexes weren't fast enough a "ban"...but that was more just a caveat to my continued membership in the guild, if anything.

Americow

Aug 26, 2009
I've been banned from 4chan for about 12 days now.
Feels bad man.

I got a warning for bragging about never being banned on this site as well.

Fusoiya

Mar 6, 2010
Nope, I try to when it is a open thread to be as fun and random as possible and when it is a Flame thread/discussion to bring something to the table without insulting anyone.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I was permabanned here when some jerk phished my password and basically made this place Hell for the five hours I was away.
Does that count?

gurall200

Apr 14, 2009
Americow said:
I've been banned from 4chan for about 12 days now.
Feelss bad man.

I got a warning for bragging about never being banned on this site as well.
I think I am going to regret asking but

How exactly were you banned?

gurall200

Apr 14, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
I was permabanned here when some jerk phished my password and basically made this place Hell for the five hours I was away.
Does that count?
....sure.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I've never been banned from anything. I've yet to even receive moderator wrath. I'd like it to stay that way.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I got banned from here once.
It was on the 1st of April, 2010.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I got banned from an IRC channel for not disclosing private information about another person in the channel who I was friends with once. Some of that was probably also because I refused to get involved in a lot of the other channel drama and the other Ops didn't like it. Eventually over the course of about a week they stripped my of my Op status and then banned me for no particular reason. I can't really say I miss those guys either.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
A Laser-Tag place for pistol-whipping my sister for cheating (Used a hood to hide her sensor)...

But I was around 13 at the time...

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Been Banned here twice now.

1st time was an honest mistake of a Mod hitting the wrong button. No biggie, and fixed before I even noticed.
2nd time was [user]Kuliani[/user]'s Wrath back in April. Was all for fun, and I was busy that day anywho.

Outside of the site... I'd rather not say the details or place, but the answer may be a yes, I'm not quite sure myself.

Outside of a "Not sure" in one place and some less-than-permanent Permabans here, not really.