Poll: Have you ever changed your username?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Z of the Na said:
I have. When I first joined the Escapist, my username was "RocketPocket."

To this day, I have no idea what was going through my head when I decided on that username. Naturally, when James Cameron's Avatar came out in theaters, I liked the movie so much I changed my username.

I find it rolls off the tongue rather nicely.
Odd bit of curiosity, do you pronounce it Zee of the Na'vi or Zed of the Na'vi.

OT: I've always been Dragmire but when I joined I didn't capitalize it for some reason, I fixed that later. I added the hyphens to both sides of my name because it looks like an arrow going through it when quoted.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
Well, I pronounce it Zee of the Na'vi, but I know that the letter "Z" is pronounced differently in other areas of the world. "Z" also happens to be the first letter of my first name, Zach, and coupled with "of the Na'vi," I figured it had a nice ring to it at the time.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Mine used to be Sci-Fi Luver437 because my school advised me to have different names on different accounts. To help with my sense of internet identity, I changed mine to Nouw.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Like my avatar, I've never changed it, nor am I planning to ever change it. Just one of the things that make me, me

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I've changed it here once, yeah. Not gonna tell you what it was though. Although someone will probably quote me to say "Oh, you used to be so and so." :p

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I just changed mine now, from Spartan1362 (an old old username I used to use) to Arakasi, the spymaster from the Empire series.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Never.
Now why would I do that? And what would I change it to? These are conundrums as old as time itself. I'll just stick to being me.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Nnnope. After I first went through a couple usernames for myself back in the 90's, I then settled on (and have since always used) "TriGGeR_HaPPy", right down to that same capitalisation and underscore. ^_^

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Z of the Na said:
-Dragmire- said:
Well, I pronounce it Zee of the Na'vi, but I know that the letter "Z" is pronounced differently in other areas of the world. "Z" also happens to be the first letter of my first name, Zach, and coupled with "of the Na'vi," I figured it had a nice ring to it at the time.
Growing up I heard both versions of Z used often so both sound natural now.

I also read your name as Zee of the Na'vi as well, but was curious if that was the intended pronunciation. It does have a better flow than zed would.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I changed it because I felt like restarting. I only had a few hundred posts and nobody knows me so it worked out good.

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
The Escapist S.S. changed mine, it was within registration parameters but they decided to change it, although nobody owned up and I was unable to change it back.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
I changed my name once from crimsongamer to Section Crow

it was boring and unimaginative that did not reflect any aspect of me whatsoever but this username plainly speaks 'I Like Crows'

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I didn't know you could do that until now. I changed the capitalization just now, but that's not a huge change.

However, I do it occasionally on Steam. I spent a while as Sakuya Izayoi from Touhou before switching back to my old "Thor, God of Thunder." now, I'm Cpl. Thor, leader of the Alpha Squad.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Nope but I'm tempted too as I made this one quickly and I'm not a fan of it. People remember me more for my avatar and not so much by name so I might consider it soon but I'll probably forget :p

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
No I haven't. I want to but then I have no idea what I'd change it to. I just picked this one because it was a nickname that stuck.