Poll: Have you ever hated someone so much that you simply wanted to kill them?

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
Yes, I think many of the people who have kidnapped, murdered or raped people deserve to die.
But on a personal I have wanted to kill someone who has thrown pencils at me trying to poke my eyes out, tried to poke my eyes out with pens, gathered gangs and come after me in school to try and pin me to the ground and hospitalize me, even tried pushing me down a flight of stairs when I was on crutches.
I certainly would have a problem killing him if someone placed him over a block and handed me an axe.
Some day this boy will probably kill someone and get a life sentence in jail watching tv and eating nicer food than most of Britain and the public will hate him for it.

littlealicewhite

Jul 18, 2010
No. Hurt them, maybe, but not kill them. For a while I thought I wanted to kill my father, but now I just want him as far away from me as possible.

Besides, killing someone drastically reduces their ability to suffer.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
I've never truly HATED someone. I've disliked someone a lot and would want to punch them in the face, but not kill or maim them. For that to happen they'd have to do something really terrible like torture me for years or something else equally unrealistic and horrible.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
If it wouldn't cause more problems than it would solve, I would happily beat my brother's dog to death with a freaking hammer. There are no words for how much I truly and completely HATE that dog.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I have never disliked someone so much as to hate them and wanting them dead.

I have wanted to punch someone in the face for acting like an ass, but that feeling goes right away after I distance myself away from said person.

Besides, I don't waste my time on people I hate. If I hate someone I drop them like a bad habit, pretend they don't exist, and move on.

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
No, absolutely not. As others have said, I've wanted to kick someone in the balls or punch them in the face for behaving like an absolute idiot, but murder?? Thats way too far.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Generally, I'm a quiet person.

Loud amongst friends, quiet in public. ._.

Keeping that in mind, I'm quite easily angered when I encounter impossibly moronic people.

Yell at 'em, yes. Possibility of killing 'em? Nope. Too much killing around me, danke.

[sub]Also, since I'm a hilariously lazy person, my philosophy: If they're worth hating, they ain't worth the energy of hating 'em. >.>[/sub]

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Many people, but I never would in normal society. I'd like to hurt them so terribly they'd never function properly again, mostly. I never have really hurt anybody (threw a few punchs while in school, nothing major) because I follow the law, but if I knew I wouldn't get punished for it? ... Probably. Can't say for sure, but probably.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
I've never really hated anyone, let alone disliked them enough to kill them.

I've thoroughly disliked people, but never hate.

Hate gets used incorrectly by most people, in my opinion.
I know, I hate it when people do that.

Anyway, yes. I'm a very hateful person. But I would never act on it... I tend to completly put them out of my mind.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I can't say that I have hated anyone enough that I wanted them to die, but I have become so irritated by someone that I have had to leave the room so I don't start yelling at them and saying something I would later regret. I don't think anyone is worth ruining your life over. That's just me though.

lordmardok

Mar 25, 2010
Bamba said:
Have you?

Personally, yes I have. I never really tried to kill the person though, but I just wished that the person would die in some way. I never attempt to do extreme things like this to be honest, as I would get in trouble for doing it, a trouble which isnt worth the death of the person in question, despite how much I might hate him/her.
You're confusing hate with rage. Trust me on this one, real hate exceeds the bounds of simply killing someone so hard it's not even in the same state. I've hated one person in my life, just one, and never once did I imagine killing her, rather I wanted to destroy her, break her, then leave her alive to suffer with the knowledge of her complete failure as a person for as long as possible. When I heard she got cold feet for her marriage and ditched her fiancee of two and a half years I laughed because the idea of the misery she must be in, because she's not actually a bad person, made me genuinely pleased.

That's hate. So as to your question, no, my hate has never been that weak before.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
I've never really hated anyone, let alone disliked them enough to kill them.

I've thoroughly disliked people, but never hate.

Hate gets used incorrectly by most people, in my opinion.
I'm sorry, I have to link this.

People throw the word hate around for the tiniest annoyances or moments of displeasure.

I will admit there are people I can honestly say I hate, but would I murder them? Heck no, not even if I could get away with it. Because they're people, there are people who appreciate them, and they haven't affected my life to any significant or long lasting degree.

Now, as for the two people in this universe I can honestly say I "megaloathe"...maybe. Definite maybe on the whole murder thing.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I don't wish death on him, but I've almost punched him a few times. By him, I mean my little brother. Everyone always says, "You're just siblings, you all love each other deep down." No, I really don't. I genuinely do not like my little brother.

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
Not anyone I've known, but a few people who were just horrible. Like Anders Brevik, the man should be executed for killing those kids, yet he gets to sit in a cozy prison and write a bok about how great he is.

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
lordmardok said:
Bamba said:
Have you?

Personally, yes I have. I never really tried to kill the person though, but I just wished that the person would die in some way. I never attempt to do extreme things like this to be honest, as I would get in trouble for doing it, a trouble which isnt worth the death of the person in question, despite how much I might hate him/her.
You're confusing hate with rage. Trust me on this one, real hate exceeds the bounds of simply killing someone so hard it's not even in the same state. I've hated one person in my life, just one, and never once did I imagine killing her, rather I wanted to destroy her, break her, then leave her alive to suffer with the knowledge of her complete failure as a person for as long as possible. When I heard she got cold feet for her marriage and ditched her fiancee of two and a half years I laughed because the idea of the misery she must be in, because she's not actually a bad person, made me genuinely pleased.

That's hate. So as to your question, no, my hate has never been that weak before.
So why do you hate her?