Poll: Have you ever named your console or PC?

Sgt Doom

Jan 30, 2009
I have a rather colourful vocabulary to describe various electronic devices in my possession, none of it good. The only thing i'm attached to about my computer is the data residing within it. The computer itself I consider expendable.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
I named my first PS3 Eddie (after Eddie Izzard), but sadly 60gig Eddie was stolen.
My boyfriend then tracked me down a preowned 60gig, and he is named Jeffery Nero... after Jeff Hardy... man I'm sad.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I haven't named my consoles, but I did name my basement (where my consoles and computer are) The Grotto because I will occasionally become a Gollum-like creature due to my excessive playing of video games and the like (sometimes its not video games, but rather an 9-10 hour D&D session).
The Grotto is a trademarked name. Use of this name without permission from Fightgarr will result in him really not giving a shit.

Plauged1

Mar 6, 2009
Tim Buck II said:
My tech teacher named his Macintosh computer, "Mac."
Teehee.=) He should name it Mr. Mackie.=)

I never named my consoles, but I guess I should if I am going to keep them for a very long time.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Abedeus said:
Zombie_Fish said:
And my iPod's Jesus.
Hey, that's good.

"Jesus, don't die on me again!!"

...Sorry.
Why are you sorry? That was brilliant! And my current 360 should be called Peg Leg, after mom threw it at the front porch a while ago. It's almost shattered, but somehow keeps working...

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Well, with consoles i can't think of a reason to name it... but with PC's - sure. I build my PC's myself (well i "compound" them) And after that all this small adjustments to the OS and personalisation... after all that work you just HAVE to name it. My last computer was "The Unbreakable" (it never failed me) And my current on is immensly powerful, but evil so i call it "Böses Schwein" (german for "Evil hog")

But everyone who names his console is a weirdo *g*

pqowieurytlaksjdhfg

May 23, 2009
thisnameistaken2 said:
Kailias said:
Tim Buck II said:
Kailias said:
Anoctris said:
My current 360 is frequently referred to as "That Piece of Shit".
Glad to see 360 owners aren't offended then.

Tim Buck II said:
My tech teacher named his Macintosh computer, "Mac."
How....original? well math teachers aren't known for being too creative anyway.
I said tech teacher. I think the later grades would call him a physics teacher? Well, he mostly taught us about bridges and cars. We built a toothpick bridge once. I won second prize.
I'm sorry, why did I write math? I'm so out of it today... Congrats on the contest winning though!

thisnameistaken2 said:
wow, you pick up on math teachers without imagination, but not TEH WAFFLAR
That one is great too dude. I'm sorry I skipped you. I just feel like I have a horrible habit of replying to every post when I make boards, and it annoys the crap out of people.
:D it's cool
Heh. If Only This Quoting Kept Going On, Then It Would Be Like... A Major Post, And Then It Would Win Awards, Be In All The Papers, Cause Fights, Eat People, And Mutate Into A Puppy.
BTW, I Call My PS3 "PoliceMan Steve The Third" (Steve For Short), My PS2 The Same But The Decesed Not The Third, My PS "PoliceMan Steve The First", My WII "Piece Of Stupid Shit Crappy Mosion Sensor Shit!"

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
I call my PS3 "Update".

And I call my computer Hal, because it crashes at the most inopportune moments; like after I finish three major story missions in Drakensang and forget to save. Probably my fault, but I'll blame the PC.

jacobschndr

Aug 15, 2008
I Call my 360 "Wannabedead".
I bought it when 360's just came out and it hasn't gotten the ring of death yet amazingly. So it makes this sound every once in awhile and I think it will explode in a ball of fire someday, as sad or scary as that sounds it would be kinda cool just to be playing along and then BOOM! Fuck the whole "rings will light up red" bullshit it will just be red on fire. Until then it still plays alright.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
I haven't namned my PC yet, but I did name my guitar Eternity, if that counts.

But I'll name my PC now! I'll call it... Alessia.

Yeah, I'll go with that.

October Country

Dec 21, 2008
I haven't ever named my PC or console anything, partly because I couldn't imagine myself actually using the name, and partly because I can't think of a proper name.