Poll: Have you ever wanted to beat a child?

Oinodaemon

Apr 9, 2009
This thread has made me lose a LOT of respect for my fellow escapists... No, I've never wanted to strike a child, but i can think of more than a few adults whose heads i would like to bash in, including several people posting on this particular thread.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I have had the urge to punch children alot of times. I couldn't stand the ones at my old school.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Yes I had thought about beating a child once, so I did. It felt good, though my point may be moote as I was also a child at the time.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
I used to when I was a kid myself, but in general, no, I've grown out of it. Still, I will probably never have children seeing as I don't think I could stand 18+ years with a child.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Just the other day I saw two brothers probably about 11 or 12. They were taking something off of the shelves, walking a bit, started to attack each other with it and then dump it. They did this all throughout the store too. Yes, I wanted to beat them with a heavy, blunt object seeing as I part-timed as a stock-boy in one of my summers. Then I wanted to beat the parents too, who were coincidentally doing absolutely nothing about said problem.

Eternalsun

May 11, 2010
i walked past 3 kids like 13 an the one closest to me said long hair is gay to impress his friends and he wasnt impressed when i grabed him twisted his arm round his back and slapped him on the head

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Yeah, no. Kids, while often stupid and naive, are excusable. They usually grow out of it. However, I've often had the urge to beat the hell out of adults--meaning anyone over the age of fifteen--who never did.

TheHermit

Nov 30, 2009
Yes I've wanted to beat children, though really I want to beat their parents more for raising them to have no common decency. Growing up I lived next to an elementary school, the fence around my house was made of wood planks. At least once a year without fail some stupid kids, different ones every time, would start kicking the boards and breaking them. My neighbors and I complained to the school but they never did anything productive to stop it. It was always awkward dealing with it as I was a still kid myself. I never wanted to do anything that could get me into legal trouble, and my parents were never home at the time school got out to deal with it. So if we noticed boards were broken, the next day my brothers and I would hurry home from school and catch the kids in the act. If we saw some one doing it we'd jump over the fence to scare them and yell at them never to do it again, always worked until the next year when it happened again...

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Betancore said:
similar.squirrel said:
Only little 13 year old metalheads.
It is questionable - is the 'metal' that most 13 year olds listen to really metal?
No idea. They wear hoodies emblazoned with things like 'Slayer', 'Megadeath' and other bands that feature skulls and evidently make you more manly.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
I've been somewhat annoyed by young children although they don't know better so that's kinda unfair. I usually just feel amused at the ridiculous sounds they make. Teenagers, on the other hand, ¬_¬ yes. Yes I have. Annoying little fuckers.

And yes I am a teenager.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Hmm, is it me or is that poll slanted?

Yes! Tear its F***ING limbs off!!! (extreme yes, masochist overtones)
No! How could say that?!? (extreme no)
I am a child. Please dont hurt me... ='< (no, circumstantial)
Thought about it? I do it all the time! (extreme yes, masochist overtones)
No, I stick to women and small animals. (slight no, masochist overtones).

Where is the "If it is needed for the kid to behave properly"? Not laying into the kid, just a smack on the back of the legs to remind you that smashing people's windows is not cool. For disciplinary reasons, yes, I would. Basically because I look around the kids today and see a bunch of arseholes, knowing full well that if I acted like that at their age? I'd get a smack. So I learned not to act like that.

Chainsauce

Aug 14, 2010
Yeah, I don't feel too bad about it since I'm only a teenager though.
There have been times when I've wanted to kick little kids in the face.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
there are several kids whom i hate the crap out of, but i am far above violence, especially towards those smaller and weaker than myself

Onsheka

Jul 14, 2010
As someone who has experienced corporal punishment I can safely say it's for their own good. Conservative application of head to fridge teaches the respect for the rules vital to staying out of prison.