Poll: Have you got Super Smash Bros Wii-U?

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
chozo_hybrid said:
DaViller said:
Same here, I'm still waiting. I just figured I could make a thread to hear things about it from people in the Escapsit community. There is one advantage though, if a game turns out to be bad, we get some warning sometimes and can avoid buying a bad game.
I have watched a livestream by maximilian dood (he does a lot of fighting game related stuff on youtube) and the game looked really good, so I´m pretty confident. Sadly this only makes my problem worse. Never preload a game ever (before this I never even preordered a game, ever), it´s nothing but mental torture and makes you hate all those around you.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I just pre-ordered the Game+Adapter bundle, a new GC controller and the Mario, Samus and Link Amiibos (gotta have the big three). Now I play the waiting game; I feel like a Victorian orphan staring into a sweet shop's window when I see all you Americans having fun.

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
The only thing I've done is unlock all the characters and maps. The experience was irritating because I already did that on the 3DS and was under the impression I'd be able to transfer my unlock progress to the Wii U. Sadly, that wasn't the case, so I had to spend a few hours getting everything unlocked. Hopefully tonight after work I'll be able to play it proper.

I think I may also have to get the GameCube controller peripheral, because the only way the game saves customized controls is through specific player names, which it doesn't keep between game loads - incredibly frustrating.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
European scrub here, don't get it till next week.

I suppose one week is better than the grueling months that it took for Brawl to come out over here.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I do not have a WiiU. My roommate does however.
We're going to Smash it up tomorrow.
I enjoy the 3DS version greatly though.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
My RA bought it and was playing on our floor lounge with a couple other guys. I played for around 45 minutes. It wasn't that great. The only difference was that it was in HD and a slightly new roster filled with characters I didn't recognize or care about.

Also, Corneria is gone. They took out the best stage.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Westaway said:
My RA bought it and was playing on our floor lounge with a couple other guys. I played for around 45 minutes. It wasn't that great. The only difference was that it was in HD and a slightly new roster filled with characters I didn't recognize or care about.

Corneria is in the 3DS version.
The versions have completely different stage selections.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Westaway said:

Really? That's the best stage? There isn't a lot to it, at least that's how I've found it. Try some new characters and play more stages, you may find things you didn't know you would like.

Jazoni89 said:
European scrub here, don't get it till next week.

I suppose one week is better than the grueling months that it took for Brawl to come out over here.
That was a painful wait for us too. It's just weird, in this day and age how so many games have regional releases rather then world wide.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sadly no, gotta wait another week until it comes out here

#justEUproblems

I will probably order the GC controller bundle on Amazon, my gamestop is meant to be getting them in, but they charge ludicrous prices for Wii-U games. Dunno if will bother with Amiibo, mostly because the quality of the figures isn't good.
One more week til we get to stomp staika into the dirt.

His cowardly tanking and shit healing shall be settled IN SMASH :D

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
jamail77 said:
Neverhoodian said:
Basically a cross between Melee and Brawl. It's faster than Brawl's floaty gameplay, but not as crazy as Melee's "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" pro exploits. Tripping is gone (thank goodness).
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? As someone who has only played Brawl (I know. I'm terrible.) I wouldn't know. Would it have been better to go full charge ahead in any particular direction than go for that?
I'd say it's a good thing. Slower than Melee means you have a chance to counter early on instead of getting stun locked into oblivion, while fights are more fast-paced and exciting than Brawl.

Having said that, I'm not a comp player. The pro circuit may have a different impression.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'm loving it so far! Alternating between Smash U and Pokemon is assuring that I will not be productive in the slightest for the next several days!

It's a little early to say for sure if it is the best Smash Bros. experience, but I am leaning towards yes. Even though I liked Brawl overall, U feels better for sure.

The new stages are great, and the music is phenomenal. Though I wish there were more 8 player smash stages, maybe I haven't unlocked them all yet hopefully.

I like the new classic mode, it gives you more of a varied experience each time you play. The board game...it's
interesting, best played in moderation.

Screw it, I think it's the best version so far. I know some super competitive Smash players will still think Melee is the best, but they will never be swayed to think differently anyway.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Neronium said:
I didn't have a good first experience. The game I got was either extremely dirty, or something was up with my Wii U as it did not want to read the disc for a while or so.

It's working now though, and I transferred my custom fighters over. Game is fun, definitely better to control than the 3DS version, but some of the controls are still a bit too sensitive, but that just might be my controller.
Idk Neroniium something is telling me to return that copy and get a new one. (easier if you got it from GS or a similar brick and mortor retail.) Games that work like trash the first time around tend to bite you in the ass years down the line again.

Mine has worked great right off the bat. First thing we did is do 6 player smash with everyone in the house. Good fun.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Hells to the yes I got Wii U smash (With Omega Ruby to boot.)

8 player smash is fucking boss, and I CANNOT wait to get my free Mewtwo character AND that 76 track OST that's going to be shipped out next year.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Absolutely I did and its been a blast. I've definitely enjoyed this the most out of all the Smash Bros games. I do kind of wish I had picked up the gamecube controlled adapter because while the Pro Controllers are generally nice, I really dislike the face buttons some reason. The layout just feels wrong to me, though that might be because its a Smash Bros game and I'm just so used to the gamecube controller when I play a Smash Bros game.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dragonbums said:
Idk Neroniium something is telling me to return that copy and get a new one. (easier if you got it from GS or a similar brick and mortor retail.) Games that work like trash the first time around tend to bite you in the ass years down the line again.

Mine has worked great right off the bat. First thing we did is do 6 player smash with everyone in the house. Good fun.
That's probably the best thing to do. I got mine from Best Buy, but I don't know if they got another shipment or not. According to them when I picked mine up, they didn't receive enough of the Bundle version or the actual game itself.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Oh, absolutely. Picked it up with the GC controller bundle, and I'm having a great time.

I won't be able to play with 8 players in Smash until Thanksgiving weekend when visiting my extended family, but when I do, it is going to be MAYHEM.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
marioandsonic said:
I won't be able to play with 8 players in Smash until Thanksgiving weekend when visiting my extended family, but when I do, it is going to be MAYHEM.
Tell me how well that goes for you. I just got back from a Smash Bros party and we had lots of problems when it came to the Wiimotes and Pro Controllers losing connection a lot during the 8 player smash. I think it'll run better with the adapter, but none of us had it.