Poll: Have You Seen This Man?

MrNades

Jan 14, 2009
Yea that kinda startled me but he does have a really generic face and if you read it you'll have a better chance of dreaming of him because of that..... now I'm kinda afraid he'll rape me in my dreams.

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
actually he looks like the janitor at my school. everything about that photo seems identical to him.

EDIT: holy shit the was my 666th post im scared.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
I am officially creeped out.. don't ask me why... I feel like I'm being watched.. I don't want to turn around O.O

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
esperandote said:
Yes, his name is Randal Flag.
Awesome. Now to find 'This Woman'. If this is Randal and Swine Flu is the Captain, I totally call being Nick.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
lacktheknack said:
HOLY SHI-

Yeah, I've seen him. HE'S MY BEST FRIEND'S DAD.

Who needs dreams when you have reality?
Wh... what? Oh goodness.

Now I'm afraid there's a wise man somewhere who has the ability to break the walls between the subconscious and conscious.

OT: No, I've never seen "This Man." I don't have dreams most of the time. When I do, I have them just before I wake up, remember them vividly, then forget completely within the hour.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
George144 said:
If this dude appears in my dreams he's getting ripped apart by the demons.
Great. Yeah, yeah, great. You get demons and all I get in my dreams are freaking fairies.

Granted, though, they're Julius Root and Holly Short, but still. Demons?

MaskedMori

Aug 17, 2009
Oook, this is the kind of story for a Horror flick... I like it! Nice intresting post! ^_^

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
During my weirder/scarier/trippier dreams I sometimes sleepwalk and talk, so there's a good chance my parents are gonna wake up tonight to me beating the shit out of a chair screaming "Get out of my dreams." The weird thing is that when I heard the concept of this man I thought "Wow, thats pretty cool. Interesting. I'll have to click the link." Then I saw his picture and shit a brick.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Im getting deja vu, but he certainly never helped me. He was in a nightmare I remember from when I was 5. I never forgot that face, and now, 20 years later, ive started sweating in fear. Thanks... youve brought a downer on me only a few hours after my daughters born...

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
Some of things said here make me think this is a hoax.
Evidence:
Zombie_Fish said:
messy said:
no just looks like a generic face that any ones features can melt slightly into.
Partly this is why I have doubts about it, but also partly one of the theories presented on the actual website:

This Man said:
DREAM IMITATION THEORY
This is a scientific psycho-sociological theory which claims that this phenomenon has arisen casually and has progressively developed by imitation. Basically when people are exposed to this phenomenon they become so deeply impressed that they start seeing this man in their dreams.
So, when people stumble upon that site, hear of this man and the situations he appears in, they dream about him and those situations as a result, as part of dreaming is memories. Also, as a certain user ended up stating:

FolkLikePanda said:
That actually scared me...
...his face has an impact on people due to how creepy it is (it shocked me the first time I saw it too). This makes people remember the face more vividly and therefore they dream about it because, as I have already said, part of dreams is what you remember going through your brain. Only difference, though, in comparison with standard dreams, is that people don't remember dreams usually unless an aspect of them is shocking (such as this face).

That is, if this man actually appears in people's dreams and it isn't just a load of made up bull.

Though I have seen that picture before as an avatar on this site. Which user it was, though, I don't remember.
Woem said:
Shoes said:
Not sure if this has been covered before but a friend showed me today at school and its unbelievably fascinating and creepy, Facinatingly creepy if you will. Apparently there is a figure known as "This Man" who appears in peoples dreams across the world, offering help and assistance during the dream. Apparently everyone whos seen him has seen him multiple times and always under peaceful and calm circumstances, whats amazing is people's accounts and stories all interconnect in someway: he's always helpful but generally ugly in appearance.

I just want to hear everyones thoughts on this and would like to know if You, yourself have seen this man. On the website there are a few portraits of "This Man" all which are strickingly similar and look as if a 4yr old drew them, there is also background and information on "This Man" there are also a few theories out there as to his existence and purpose feel free to read them and discuss.

NOTE: I havn't seen this man before, although now Im rather scared of sleeping tonight.

Offical website: http://www.thisman.org/
Don't worry, it's all a scam. The domain is owned by Andrea Natella. If you look him up you will find this for instance:

Andrea Natella was born and lives in Rome. He is the creative director of guerrigliamarketing.it Founded in Italy in 2003 guerrigliamarketing.it, is an advertising agency that uses non-conventional communication techniques, like the creation of fictitious events or campaigns reaching the limits of legality, through which "fuck the market in order to enter it", entering the media system and taking away the automatism communication.
But I will do an experiment. I will tell my friends about the site, and then the next day, I will see if they suddenly "remember" a previous dream about him.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I have not seen this man in my (if memory serves me right) but he does look familiar. I don't really see why people see him as creepy. He just looks like a normal guy to me. But I guess my definition of normal is different from everyone else's. :p

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Seen him in a dream...no It is possible you don't know who it was in a dream and then you see that face and graph it over the person in the dream. Could be why alot of people have apparently seen him

I myself have not

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I think he looks rather dashing, personally. Certainly not the ugliest human being I have seen.

OT: No, I haven't. But he seems like quite the pleasant fellow. I would welcome him into my dreams, any day.

[small]After all: Someone has to help me fight the robots...[/small]