Poll: 'Haxor!' What Are The Cheapest Weapons and Tactics in Online Videogames?

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
People who just charge at you to get one kill even though they're going to get killed anyway annoy me.
If someone's about to die, fair enough, but when it's your basic strategy it's just dumb.

On a side note, can I ask what "noob tubing" is?
Noob tubing is using an underbarrel grenade launcher on your primary weapon in an FPS game. It's generally a one hit kill and people use it way too much.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
I can counter most things (I'm not bragging or anything, if it helps I actually suck.) so I don't really mind.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
omega 616 said:
Bob_Marley42 said:
muffincakes said:
This cubed.

If someone does something that you can do to them its not cheap. Theres nothing stopping anyone from employing any of these tactics and weapons.
in that case the game would be boring, due to everybody using the same tactic, lets all run round / sit in corners with akimbo shotguns or everybody have snipers and camp.

I would love to talk to some of these players who use the "adapt and stop whining cos your noob" comment, how do they deal with these tools.
- When someone sits in the corner with akimbo shotguns, nade / flash+rush him out. Do not just jump through the same door five times.

- When someone snipes in the same spot, knife him in the back, don't run straight at him in the open.

- When someone runs up to you with a knife... shoot him?

- When someone keeps tubing, you know,you can dodge tubes too, or duck behind things - the time it takes to reload a tube is more than enough to shoot or even knife him.

Anything else you wanted to talk about?

Spaz91

Oct 7, 2008
There are no cheap tactics in any game, don't assume you know better than the people paid to create these games...

MW2 on PC has a pretty irate crowd in this respect. Every time I play it there is at least one person who I kill and they simply state what weapon I was using followed by 'noob.'

"knife noob"
"scar noob"
"sniper noob"
"pistol noob"
"smoke grenade noob" (not even joking.)

Deadpewl

Jul 23, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Nothing is cheaper than Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, and things of that nature. Particularly in games where they're an instant kill, like Call of Duty. There really isn't any reason for them to exist, other than to piss off good players.
I dissagree. They exist to counter campers.
I think everything balances out in the end when it comes to fps's. Except akimbo 1887 shotguns. Those are fuckin outrageous. Why the hell do you need two shotguns!? What was IW smoking when they made those things?

Spaz91 said:
There are no cheap tactics in any game, don't assume you know better than the people paid to create these games...

MW2 on PC has a pretty irate crowd in this respect. Every time I play it there is at least one person who I kill and they simply state what weapon I was using followed by 'noob.'

"knife noob"
"scar noob"
"sniper noob"
"pistol noob"
"smoke grenade noob" (not even joking.)
idk, those smoke grenades can be pretty overpowered,lol. (Actually got a kill with one before. lulz insued.)

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
*Ahem*

Nuclear Launch detected, repeat 10 times

Not fun if your the recipient, hilariously awesome if you the one giving the orders

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Zannah said:
omega 616 said:
Bob_Marley42 said:
muffincakes said:
This cubed.

If someone does something that you can do to them its not cheap. Theres nothing stopping anyone from employing any of these tactics and weapons.
in that case the game would be boring, due to everybody using the same tactic, lets all run round / sit in corners with akimbo shotguns or everybody have snipers and camp.

I would love to talk to some of these players who use the "adapt and stop whining cos your noob" comment, how do they deal with these tools.
- When someone sits in the corner with akimbo shotguns, nade / flash+rush him out. Do not just jump through the same door five times.

- When someone snipes in the same spot, knife him in the back, don't run straight at him in the open.

- When someone keeps tubing, you know,you can dodge tubes too, or duck behind things - the time it takes to reload a tube is more than enough to shoot or even knife him.

I posted something simlier earlier, except the knife one.

Try knifing a guy that can teleport and knife you from a seemingly impossible distance while the bullets from your gun go through him.

There have been many times this has happened to me, or I have shot him heard the shot but not seen any bullets leave the gun and when I watch the kill cam I don't fire at all.

As for the noob tube, it's just about luck whether they hit your not and if they miss go all out to kill them before the reload.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
omega 616 said:
Zannah said:

I posted something simlier earlier, except the knife one.

Try knifing a guy that can teleport and knife you from a seemingly impossible distance while the bullets from your gun go through him.

There have been many times this has happened to me, or I have shot him heard the shot but not seen any bullets leave the gun and when I watch the kill cam I don't fire at all.

As for the noob tube, it's just about luck whether they hit your not and if they miss go all out to kill them before the reload.

For the tubes, my luck seems to work on a regular basis than.

And for that commando business - the teleport is iritating yes, but only works on a distance, where someone who can get as close to you as that, could just as well have shot you three times, instead of running up to you.

Arphaxon

Mar 11, 2010
Rocket launchers that are one-hit kills or have ridiculous splash damage.

Flashbang spamming.

In CoD, proning and camping inside dead bodies gets my goat like nothing else.

Trip Mines of any sort. Hate them with venom if i don't see them, but love them when they work for me!

This is why I like LANs, because of the ability to get up and physically abuse people who employ dirty tactics.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I must say that in MW2, there are a plethora. Noobtubing is OK, but some people have used One Man Army to get essentially infinite noobtubes. Running around with Commando on is completely and utterly skill-less, too.

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
I hate noobtubes, and especially people who use them all the damn time. Once or twice is fine, but using it every single time is really annoying. It doesn't help that the heavy weapons have the shallowest learning curves, so any player, noob to veteran, (although the noobs use them more than the hardened experienced players) can pick 'em up and pwn.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
The only MP game I really play is TF2, which is insanely well-balanced

That said, I hate the Backburner, it just encourages W+M1 stereotypes in Pyros, and it's making the Airblasting majority of us look bad