Poll: Heavy Rain...warning, threads posts may contain spoilers.

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
I bought and played Heavy Rain over my week's holiday recently. I regard it as a bold experiment that in *some* ways will hopefully shape story-direction in games to come, whilst hopefully losing it's over-reliance on quicktime events.

Some moments were brilliant and have had a lasting effect on me. If you played it please tell us what you thought the pros and cons of the game were.

If you haven't played it but are curious, please tell us all what it was that caught your attention about the game.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
The game shared a lot, if not all, of the flaws form Fahrenheit. And yet, it was an even greater experience.

Plus, I think Heavy Rain has the best QTE's ever in gaming.

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
Hubilub said:
I think Heavy Rain has the best QTE's ever in gaming.
I tend to agree, the QTEs were context sensitive and were as closely matched as possible to the actions that they represented.

That said I managed to get Norman Jayden killed on my first playthrough when I couldn't escape a certain car in time :p

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
It's a Fahrenheit sequel.
Fahrenheit was mindblowing. This is even better.
Also, Ethan Mars. He was really... well... human.
Norman Jayden is a close second though.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Scott was the only one with decent voice acting, and I liked his character the most up until you find he's the Killer.

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
Zing said:
Scott was the only one with decent voice acting, and I liked his character the most up until you find he's the Killer.
Hahaha I know I said spoilers were ok but christ dude! Still, I have to agree. Man did I feel gipped though when I'd cooked that "lady" eggs only to realise i could have been perving at her in the shower! lol

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I liked Madison because of the boobs. JK. But I did like her. Scott probably had the best voice acting, Jayden and Lauren the worst, and Ethan was alright.

Anyway, HR really was an amazing game. The quick time events were interesting, but in those parts you had no options it was just hit the button right or lose. My favorite parts was where you had the option to do stuff like wiping off your finger prints in the antique typewriter shop or escaping cars, fires etc. Tho the QTE where you are escaping the hotel as Ethan was awesome. But yea other than that the game was friggin amazing, my gf and I got the best possible ending for Ethan, Shaun and Madison, but my gf got Jayden killed off in the junk yard and I accidentally left Lauren to drown (woops!!). I watched the other endings on youtube and it's pretty fantastic, but a lot of them are rather dark. Several suicide endings ><

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
I liked Scott up to the big reveal, but my second pick was joint Ethan and Jayden. I went with obvious Ethan though. I feel like Jayden isn't liked as a character because of his surroundings, which were quite lame, mainly because of Blake being such a pointless 2D character.

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
I managed to keep everyone except Jayden alive until the end. I was another person who got him killed in the car-crusher.