Poll: Help me settle this.

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
Whoever said no is insecure about their sexuality. There is no other reason. Unless they're some sort of strange 50's woman. In which case they should be in a museum or something.

blazinwings

Aug 9, 2009
Hagi said:
Tell your girlfriend that if she wants to live in the previous century she should get back into the flipping kitchen and keep that mouth shut unless you put something in it.
^this.

is wayne brady going to have to choke a *****? eat your salad, and like it.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
As a matter of fact, I think I'll have a Salad with dinner tonight, and it will be GLORIOUS (Or at least as glorious a small glass bowl of Lettuce with a little Salad Oil can be).
As easily the most masculine person in this thread, I have to agree with you. It sounds glorious.

So, (OT:) yes. It's OK. I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
That would be like saying girls can't have burgers, so I hope not. Also, salads are amazing, so don't feel bad.

I really want a salad now.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Tharwen said:
As easily the most masculine person in this thread, I have to agree with you. It sounds glorious.

So, (OT:) yes. It's OK. I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be.
it lacked Salad Oil, but it was indeed Glorious, as well as quite healthy.

And now that we have the most masculine Turret in here, I do believe the information is conclusive: Men are men whether they eat Salads or live Sharks.

Has Mr. OP revealed this landslide of a Poll/Thread to his beloved yet?

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Sure it's fine. I won't, but I'm not going to hold it against anyone. Unless they buy one from McDonald's because, what's the point?

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
If anything, eating salad is more manly, because you're proving your confident enough in your masculinity that you don't NEED to just eat steaks, burgers and other "manly" foods. It's like that with everything for me anyways. I do things because I enjoy them and if somebody thinks it makes me seem effeminate then that's too bad for them I guess.

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
I literally had to control myself from spitting my tea when I read this. I was not expecting that at all.

But holy damn, just because salad doesn't need to have meat or fish with it doesn't mean that it isn't manly. Salad is awesome.

HotKakes

Aug 2, 2008
To be honest, I love salads too. They are filling and are quite delicious with the right combination of ingredients. However, being someone who's worked as a busser/waiter, I usually thought that when a two top with a male and female had ordered a salad and a hamburger, I would often go with the preconception that the male was getting the hamburger and the female was getting the salad.

Mind you, there's nothing wrong with a male having a salad but I think it's the popular view of women's and men's priorities in their diets that make this image. Men are mostly seen as open eaters and eat heavy meals with plenty of protein and starches. This can be assumed since most men are usually less worried about their weight compared to their female counterparts. However, a salad is often the symbol of a restricted dietary choice for a meal and the female populace, unfortunately, are often very concerned with their weight and self-image.

However, none of this condones that eating a salad is feminine. It is only misconstrued by a shallow image that salads are for the weak while steak and potatoes is for the strong. However, shallow interpretations are only illogical in the end and thus your and my enjoyment of salads is perfectly normal for males.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
with the right dressing salad are excellent first course to a meal, a healthy snack, and without dressing an excellent way to clean your taste palette.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Oh yes, just like eating yogurt makes you a woman.

But for real, salads are fucking delicious.

For instance, I used to make a salad every night only using vinegar, oil, and salt. Have her try that then ask her if salads are only for girls.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Let your girlfriend know that she is living in the wrong decade. Salads are awesome. There is nothing masculine or feminine about food. Food is awesome.

Harlief

Jul 8, 2009
AdmanUK said:
I enjoy a good salad, however my girlfriend tells me It's weird and not masculine, It's been going on for a while now, so once and for all help us decide!
And I suppose vitamin deficiencies and scurvy are masculine? I suggest you find a girlfriend with a less warped view of reality.