Poll: Help me spend $20 on steam

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
brunothepig said:
Don't forget, there is the Humble Bundle. Only $5.30 and you get Binding Of Isaac, plus some extra games.
On top of humblebundle theres indieroyale who're doing a similar thing to get a butt load of cool indie games.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
jackpackage200 said:
I just bought a $20 card and what should i spend it on?

I already have:

Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike Source
Portal
Star Wars: KOTOR
You should never just need to SPEND MONEY, buy something you are interested in. Save money till something catches your interests, there is no need to rush out and spend it now, games only depreciate in cost and new games come out.

But if you want recommendations in the $20 price range:

Left 4 Dead 2 (£15 in UK, should be around $20 US)
I have clocked 230 hours on this game alone and still love it, absolutely fantastic game

Bioshock
One of the few games that upon completion I immediately started playing through again, not to try the different morality path but just to enjoy it again. The Sequel is also really good as well, I don't know why the score took such a hit. You could even play the 2nd one first.

Hitman: Blood Money (£6 in UK, should be around $10 US)
Critics may complain about games like GTA being a murder simulator but THIS is a murder simulator but in the classist ways. You know those murder mystery dramas where lord Asquith is found murdered in the drawing room? Well it's like that only you are the murderer, your objective is to sneak in and tracelessly murder your victim (they are always scumbags) and melt away without anyone ever knowing you were there.

Left 4 Dead 2 (£15 in UK, should be around $20 US)
I have clocked 230 hours on this game alone and still love it, absolutely fantastic game

Orange Box
Redundant with Team Fortress 2 being free, I know, but Half Life 2 + Episodes + Portal is DEFINITELY worth $20!

Serious Sam HD
Now THIS is a fun ass game. Old school shooting blasting fun at its best, dial your mouse sensitivity and home your A-game, this is all about getting up close and personal with your shooting. None of this camping behind cover, you're going to have to be like a bullfighter, a lead blasting Matadore dodging and weaving enemies!

Doom Pack Complete + Zdoom
Now for any true FPS gamer will HAVE to have played this but considering that things have moved on a bit since 1993 in trms of controls and resolution I suggest the Zdoom emulator

http://zdoom.org/News

Play the game with full mouse aim and Zdoom should auto-detect Steam files. It's very simple to get running.

Sammyjb17

Mar 7, 2011
Limbo and Braid. Short but unforgettable, the both of em.

If you want a longer game, go with L4D2

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
1) Wait for the holiday sales
2) Brink and Payday have very small playerbase, and considering they are multiplayer only you'd be fairly hardpressed to get your full moneys worth out of them.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
PH3NOmenon said:
shado_temple said:
At the moment, nothing. Save it for the ridiculousness that is the Christmas sale.
This, basically.

One of the golden rules of Steam. Everything goes on sale eventually.

And the X-mas sale (and the black friday sales) have been soooo gooooood.

Save it!
This is too true. I wanted to play DNF despite its hate, but did I want to pay full price? Nope. I ended up waiting and got it for one fifth of the release price and I even skipped over it at the summer sales because it was only 50% off and I knew it was going to get cheaper.

If you hold on to your money for a bit more than a month it will pay off a LOT.

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
Do yourself a huge favor and wait till the Steam holiday sale. If you've never seen it before, you would not believe the deals that are posted!