Poll: Helping out a "noob"

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
ok, its about time someone admits it, I WAS ONCE A NOOB (in some games i still am one). so what happens to most "noobs" in modern day gaming? "OMG!!! NOOB," "WTF NUB," "YOUR SUCH A NOOB!!!," "NOOB U SUK." all sorts of insults are guided towards noobs. (almost) everyone insults them regularly and no one bothers to help them. either you were born a god or not.

Has anyone actually gone out of their way to help a new player to improve? How many of us just look at all of them in disgust? i am one of these that usually fall short on the helping end. however, i have helped out many players to find a playing style that fits them well.

On the other hand, you cant help but hate any noob that calls you a cheater every time you pull off anything except a standard shot. "OMG HAXOR" "CHEATER" "WISH I COULD HACK AS GOOD AS YOU"... all this says to me is "Hello, I want to be you only target during our match duration."

I will post my answers at a later time.

Kehan Wann

May 22, 2008
helping one another is good.... unless it is a 7 year old little kid with the high squeaky voice that causes anxiety.

rryyann

Aug 4, 2008
I act in the games, as I do in real life.
I try to help them out.
Like back in my days (my sad sad days) or runescape I would always find a level three and help them out.
And when I decided to quit (the best decision of my life), I sold everything I had, and gave it to a random new person.
I do this because the first time I ever started a game, a more experienced member helped me, so I help other people.

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
I see it a lot in Starcraft, on battlenet. Especially games like Block the Gate and Impossible Dragoon. Because those require everyone to know what they are doing or at least be able to take direction. But there is always some douchebag who burrows his lurker behind the med wall and screws us all over.

I hate when noobs assume you hack whenever you don't suck. I was playing cat and mouse and I killed all the mice within like two minutes. They all started freaking out "HAX, GOD WUT A GODDAM HAXOR!!" And then I get banned. The bastards.

hiandhappy

Aug 15, 2008
alot in WOW and i mostof the time string them along for a bit.but eventually i try to help them but some are just so bad they are beyond my help........the again most of my advice consist of "read the manual" or "you got the internet,use it" but it works.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Mostly depends on how respectful they act. If they are polite about it, I will often help in what little way I can. If they are rude then they get a mute.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Oh yeah, I remember when I used to play runescape I was talking to my friends and a noob came up and asked us where "Lumbridge" or something was. So I offered to take them to the place. It felt good, especially after the person asked "Are you going to kill me?" and I said "No, I was weak just like you once."

Oh the days.
Those sad sad days.

poopdog

Aug 16, 2008
I personally wouldn't go out of my way to help noobs, but if they ask a question, I'd help them there

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Helping the inexperienced can be really rewarding, you can make friends and meet players who will one day be good.

And that poll is simply broken, its the only word for it.

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
Once in a while if i see someone having trouble and they ask for help, then i offer as much as i can without going overboard (usually just over the Mic). however, once i have taken a new player into a private server to teach them the ropes. afterward they were thankful and they later played against me, the had improved quite a bit with the tips and help i had given.

(the reason i felt obligated to help this one in particular was the score of our last match.
i had 50 kills, he had -3. he needed help badly.)

Keela

Aug 16, 2008
If i am playing and a noob is in the same room, i would definetely help them. Watching a noob fail/ killing him is fun IF he knew how to play the game but screwed up. But it is NOT fun when you kill a noob because he didn't know how to play. It's cruel and unfair, plus that little voice will be nagging you all day for being a cheater/ jerk.

Vumsy

May 28, 2008
I don't target n00bs since I live by the easy policy "Kill'em all!", and I rarely help them out, other than pointing my gun at them, then pointing out wich way to go. Unless they suddenly snap and starts trying to teamkill me, that's unacceptable and is usually punished by DEATH! (Usually over and over, if their stubbern enough to try over and over)

Crazybuddha56

Aug 10, 2008
I have never understood the "kill noobs" thing. It just seems immature to me. I would help a newer gamer, unless its a 7 year old on GTA, then I tell them to screw themselves, becasue I don't think they should be playing games like that.

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
If they get in my way i dont help them.
However, the ones that are willing to learn and get better I help a lot.