Poll: Hi. I'm a brony.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Oracle144 said:
I'm a girl, but considering I've never really been into stereotypical girly stuff, I like to think that I qualify as a brony.
Yeah, as a female fan (since G1 - I've been into MLP since I was 5) I really don't like the term brony as the only term for fans. For the guys it's great (and very cute) but for the girls... I'm no one's bro.

I've tried to get away from the term before (even suggested a few crappy alternatives, but none of them stuck) but I keep getting stuck with it.

So welcome to the herd, sister. ^^

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Even I am tired of these threads. Anything to do with bronies, MLP, I'm tired of seeing it.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Eri said:
Even I am tired of these threads. Anything to do with bronies, MLP, I'm tired of seeing it.
I fully agree. It's becoming so wide spread now that it's just gone past the point of annoying.

Ryu890

May 28, 2011
Welcome to the herd, bronies represent, yadda yadda yadda....

In all seriousness, the show IS getting alittle over-hyped. Don't get me wrong, its an awesome show, and Lauren is one of my personal idols.

But come ON. Its not the end-all show depicted in the wood grains of the Holy Cross. Its an above-average show from something that could have easilly been dismissed as a lame 'lets have tea parties!' girly show.

So, the short version. Yes, I am a brony. I even developed my own pony-sona for use in an RP. But I'm NOT an insane, troll-brony that clogs up the internet. But...thats the tragic fate of all that is good in this world.....

Tarkinor

Mar 2, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
Oracle144 said:
I'm a girl, but considering I've never really been into stereotypical girly stuff, I like to think that I qualify as a brony.
Yeah, as a female fan (since G1 - I've been into MLP since I was 5) I really don't like the term brony as the only term for fans. For the guys it's great (and very cute) but for the girls... I'm no one's bro.

I've tried to get away from the term before (even suggested a few crappy alternatives, but none of them stuck) but I keep getting stuck with it.

I want to figure out a term for both... I'm plotting right now >.>

Ryu890

May 28, 2011
Bara_no_Hime said:
Oracle144 said:

Ni. I gotta say, I understand. Hi. Name isn't Ryu, but you can call me that. Anyways, I myself dream of a world of true equality. Where the only reason people are treated differently, are for acctual valid reasons. (I.e., the obnoxious jerk is shunned, regardless of race or gender. Same goes for people who do good in this world.)

Sadly, that world isn't here. But I'm sounding....kinda over-the-top at the moment.

In the end, why can't the term be 'a fan of MLP:FiM?' I'm reminded of Yhatzee's colomn on the term 'gamer'....

Allright. Now I go back to Unskippable.

Tarkinor

Mar 2, 2010
Ryu890 said:
Bara_no_Hime said:
Oracle144 said:

Ni. I gotta say, I understand. Hi. Name isn't Ryu, but you can call me that. Anyways, I myself dream of a world of true equality. Where the only reason people are treated differently, are for acctual valid reasons. (I.e., the obnoxious jerk is shunned, regardless of race or gender. Same goes for people who do good in this world.)

Sadly, that world isn't here. But I'm sounding....kinda over-the-top at the moment.

In the end, why can't the term be 'a fan of MLP:FiM?' I'm reminded of Yhatzee's colomn on the term 'gamer'....

Allright. Now I go back to Unskippable.
Only one reason. It's kinda a mouthful.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Okay, okay... I finally got around to finding out what the hell is going on around here. Not that it didn't bother me before, but now I guess I just felt un-lazy and decided to check it out. Now, I'm gonna be as delicate as possible in saying this: You need help, sir(s)(and madams, I suppose) I TRIED (emphasizing on 'tried') to watch the first episode and this is by far the corniest, most cheesy, childish thing I've seen since Teletubies(or however the f@#k you spell that) and that thing about a bloke called Spartacus. At first, when I saw the title of the first ep "friendship and magic" I thought it was a parody of some sort, you know, making fun of the whole concept of friendship and stuff, using ponies and all, that would've been cool. 2 minutes in, still holding on to the theory about the parody, but after that whole "prologue" in the beginning, the stunning realization hit me - these guys actually take this SERIOUSLY! And now, don't get me wrong. I am an anime fan, I've watched a lot of animes, and let's be frank, some of them are very... awkward. As in cheesy, childish, outright stupid. But nothing, such as this, can even compare itself in that aspect. I guess, the only way I can explain this phenomenon, and the fact that it actually became a phenomenon in the first place, is that there are too many people who have not had a propper childhood, if you get what I mean. This is just my opinion, so... you guys just wait for the big men in the white coats to arrive and take you to "The Happy Hotel", m'key...?

Shakaar9267

Look at me, I'm burning.
Nov 30, 2009
Typed 'Brony' into the search bar;

Results 1 - 10 for brony. (0.14 seconds)

(Not picking a fight, I just had to say it)

AroLombardi said:
The show kind of saved my life, so yes. I'm a brony.
Ok, I just have to ask:
How?

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
Can there be an option that doesn't force me to feel like I'm alienating you people? I'm sorry, but I used to think bronies liked the show for what it is, but now I'm beggining to think you just like the fact that you're different.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I'm not interested in the show nor particularly fond of the constant threads and posts regarding it on this website alone.

Seriosuly, everywhere else got over it pretty fast. It would be like if everyone here had avatars of Charlie Sheen quotes and Keyboard Cat.

Tarkinor

Mar 2, 2010
I only now realized I could edit my OP and change the poll. So for everyone that wanted it, there's another option.

EDIT: Scratch that, can't change it after all. Damn.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Oh wow, what ever compelled you to make this thread? I swear I have never seen one like it before..

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
I don't understand, I'm not trying to knock it, because I've never actually seen it for myself but, I honestly can't imagine how anything with that name could garner such a large and positive response from such a vast age range.

I just don't get what the hype is about.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I've seen the show, and all I can say is it's very overrated. It can be mildly humorous at times, but that's it at best.