Poll: Hobby Survey! (Participation needed please Escapists!)

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
Meet with friends, and 19. I'm actually pretty surprised at the spread of answers but I suppose its because the "meet with friends" option implies you wouldn't be doing any of the others with friends.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Meeting with friends, you can't beat real people, male 18

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Meet with friends, but half the time we sit around and watch movies or play videogames anyway...

Oh, and male/20.

Tynermeister

Feb 10, 2011
Go out for a meal. With friends, obviously.

However I notice that all the catagories are only good in the context of doing them with friends. Just hangin out with friends doing nothing at all would be ok. Going out for a meal on your own not so much. It could just use some clarification, s'all.

20 Male

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Honestly? The majority of the things on that list are activities I have equal love for. The only thing I'd kick out is bike riding. I have a stronger desire to go see a movie nowadays but that's because I haven't been out to a theatre in a while.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Aphex Demon said:
Escapists, I have been given an assignment for my course to research the market to see which leisure activities are the most preffered to do out of the community.

If possible, when you vote, if you could tell me your choice and age so I can total up all the votes and ages, that would be much appreciated.

Thankyou all so much in advance <3

If all goes to plan, this will be me after.
Hey, not to detract from your research paper or anything, but you do have other sources don't you? If you are asking for people's proffered hobby on a videogame enthusiast website, you are going to have a massive source bias towards videogames.

To avoid bias, either pose the same question to a variety of different groups, or at leas note the bias in your paper.

Edit: Videogames/movies at home. Male 19.

Marcosn

Jun 26, 2009
i voted for staying in and playing video games etc as i don't go out much and i dont have friends round enough to count meeting them as my favourite.
male 16 (is it wrong that i had to think to remember my age?)

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
i only play tons of games because i basically have no one to hang out with, or the means to reach them,

but my true 'hobby' is swimming. all the way!

Male, age 19.

good luck!

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Prof. Monkeypox said:
Aphex Demon said:
Escapists, I have been given an assignment for my course to research the market to see which leisure activities are the most preffered to do out of the community.

If possible, when you vote, if you could tell me your choice and age so I can total up all the votes and ages, that would be much appreciated.

Hey, not to detract from your research paper or anything, but you do have other sources don't you? If you are asking for people's proffered hobby on a videogame enthusiast website, you are going to have a massive source bias towards videogames.

To avoid bias, either pose the same question to a variety of different groups, or at leas note the bias in your paper.

Yeah cheers for the advice. I am very aware of this, it will go in the report, but the modern age of civilisation is nearing towards gaming rather than TV or other activities anyway.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Well of course I'd prefer to go out with my buds! Now, hanging out with my friends generally leads to video games, or goin' to the movies, but we're still technically hangin' out.

20 and male bitches!

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Aphex Demon said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:
Aphex Demon said:

Yeah cheers for the advice. I am very aware of this, it will go in the report, but the modern age of civilisation is nearing towards gaming rather than TV or other activities anyway.
Again, not to nitpick, but where is your evidence for that conclusion?
The logic basically goes:
"My conclusion, TV and videogames are the way of the future."
"But you took the evidence to prove that from a gaming website."
"That's ok, I only need that site, because gaming is the way of the future anyway."

Circular logic. Do you see what I mean?
Just keep that in mind. Excess bias in your data could hurt your paper's reception.

Alkore

May 25, 2009
I am 22 years old and I picked to either watch movie and play video games mainly because its still winter up here in canada and I play alot of video games.