Poll: Horror Showdown: Xeno vs Necromorphs

Lucid_Camel

Feb 19, 2013
this is my 1st forum so ya might as well make it interesting. Im going to propose a little scenario smashing these two series together.

So Weyland Yutani has a colony ship they like to run experiments on.Needless to say running experiments on the Red Marker but unlucky for them a Xenomorph Queen has made its way on board
( the Queen from Alien 2 ,somehow evolved to travel in the void of space..needless to say karma is a *****). At this point the Marker has been on the ship for about 3 days,Giving Necros a time advantage.

The Queen Xeno grabs a worker, who was I dont know washing windows outside the ship,stuns him then finds a dark place to hide.With in a few hours word spreads of weird stuff happening all over the ship.The Xenos at this stage are kidnaping and building their ranks.While on the other side people are going crazy and killing each other.

Now both require hosts.But the main difference is Xenos need to take people alive.In this ship lets say there are a 700 thousand humans.

Who would win? lets see what each has to offer.

Xenomorphs: Intelligent, has a sense of self preservation but no fear,Ripping Claws and Speed,Acid for blood,can see in the dark,can receive Orders from the Queen,adepts quickly.

Weakness: Fire,when desperate will kill another Xeno to melt through a barrier, oh and god damn airlocks

Force: Warrior class Xeno,Runners,Queen Guard,facehuggers,Sticky organic substance

Necromorphs: variety,slow to fast burst of speed,tough,no sense of fear,uneffected by most trauma,Hive mind

Weakness: depending on what Necro you fight usualy hitting yellow sacks,cuting the limbs off,Fire if in a high enough burst of flame.They need the flesh fungus to survive in any area.

Force: everything except twitchers

Just a note: There is a small hive mind and a Tormentor, also if i left somthing out let me know.

So ya have fun everybody

Tl;Dr: Big Ship,Read title,Throw in your 2 cents

mavkiel

Apr 28, 2008
Aliens all the way. Intelligence plus, acid blood?

Imagine if you will, a face hugger giving a nice big hug to a Necromorph? Intelligent alien + acid blood + nothing but a headshot will kill?

Game over man, game over!

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
A valid strategy to deal with Necromorphs is to stomp on them until they stop moving. Try that with a Xenomorph...

Also, aliens are smart enough to figure out "strategic dismemberment" (I would say that is their standard method anyway), so they can deal massive casualties to the other side while they stumble like zombies.

The only thing Necros had to their advantage is the rate in which they reproduce, other than that, aliens all the way...

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
The way I see it Alien guys learn quick, are far superior in combat also extremely good at hit and run, while necros just overwhelm with numbers, but you can't overwhelm someone that isn't there.

I would love if there was an Aliens vs Necromorphs in the making, movie or game would be fine, just you know... don't get Gearbox involved.

Dec 14, 2009
Necromorphs never die.

A necromorph infestation doesn't end until the Marker is restored.

Sure, 1 xeno could kill 4 necromorphs, but those fallen necromorphs aren't 'dead', the whole infestation is a giant hivemind of organic matter that re-purposes all other bio matter.

Xenos need hosts to survive, good luck with that :D

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Xenos.

They're smarter, have superior combat ability and given that both sides rely mostly on melee combat, their acid blood would ensure any Necro victory would be a pyrrhic victory. The bigger, though Necros are probably quite capable of killing a Xeno, but they'll almost invariably end up showered in acid blood and I doubt even the regenerating ones are able to come back from being dissolved into a puddle of goo.

Lucid_Camel

Feb 19, 2013
Could an Alien outsmart one of those Raptor zombies, lets say in a narrow dinning hall? and I think stealing the corpses of the Alien kills would factor into this two Or maybe the Alien would learn this trick and use it to fish for Necros. But as im bringing it up, How would an Alien deal with the different Necromorph forms?

Tormentor,Pregnant,spitter,hivemind,those..exploding arm zombies,re-generators. In a case where the Xenos are outnumbered at the start.

Daystar Clarion said:
Necromorphs never die.

A necromorph infestation doesn't end until the Marker is restored.

Xenos need hosts to survive, good luck with that :D
Very good point.

Aug 31, 2012
No idea.

2 fictional life forms with no way of knowing which one could "overpower" the other at a genetic level. Could xenomorphs use necromorphs as a host or vice versa? We have no fucking idea whatsoever, except I will mention that xeno's are silicone based life rather than carbon based and we do know they can use carbon based life as a host, can the necromorphs use silicone based life? Unknown.

Physically I give it to the Xenos with the whole acid for blood thing and lack of projectile weapons for the necromorphs.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
The necromorphs win. Sooner or later, those annoying regenerators turn up and spoil the fun for the xenomorphs. Not matter what harm damage xeno's inflict on the regenerators, a few seconds later it will be up and kicking again. While the xeno's are busy trying to win an unwinnable fight, the other necro's swarm the area causing real problems for the xenos.

So yeah, necromorphs win.