Poll: How about a ''Vs. America' shooter?

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
The problem isn't that the Yanks aren't being portrayed as bad guys... they are, in quite a few games. The problem is that most developers still develop protagonists and antagonists via the obsolete "good guy/bad guy" method.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
This was one reason i liked Darkest of Days.

It's not vs. America directly(though you do fight on both sides of the civil war), however it not just allows, but actually forces you to play on both sides of the battle with a totally impartial attitude towards the result, outside of where it is conveinent for you to advance whichever side you're playing, and obviously maintaining some semblance of historical integrity. It covers the Civil war and one of the World Wars where Russia and Germany are fighting, it's been a bit so i can't remember which.

Both seemed(to me) to be previously untouched conflicts that also were completely detached from whatever viewpoints those armies held. Fun stuff.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Arayle said:
Not sure if anyone has posted this, but Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker featured America as the main bad guys.

You even recruit/capture and convince CIA soldiers to fight against America.

but yeah, the USA was shown pretty negativly in MGS:pW (and in MGS:portable ops, near the end of that game).
I can vouch for this: Snake/Big Boss was basically another Che and was often called Che on occasion. There's an optional codec session where he and various characters talk about how Che was right about his mission, and how the US was fucked up for having him killed.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
I'd play any game in which you fight anyone as long as they both have valid reasons to kill each other.
Exceptions to this rule: terrorist groups because they never have valid reasons - that's why they're terrorists, because they're not popular enough to be accepted and called something else.