Poll: How bad do you procrastinate.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
I'm starting to think that I get a rush from procrastination. The more time I have when I work on something, the less time I spend on it. I had the exact same situation and I started 3 days before it was due. I spent about 5 minutes on the assignment and the other 25 minutes watching youtube, then an hour of video games. My mind just wouldn't let me finish it even when I tried.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
It has always been a really bad habit for me. I always manage to finish the assignment miraculously, however. Had my fair share of finishing papers hours before sunrise when it's due. It's really tough to kick with distractions constantly spawning. I tell myself to start the work in an hour, then I get diverted and tell myself an hour again, and just keeps going until I somehow have enough will to do it at the last possible moment.

PZF

Nov 1, 2011
I don't procrastinate, I just change the order of important/interesting things to do. Frequently.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Let's just say I have a large philosophy essay due tomorrow, it is 12AM and I haven't even started, despite having had 2 weeks.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Solaire of Astora said:
I always save actually doing homework or assignments for the last minute. It hasn't come back to bite me in the ass yet, but I'm still only a high school junior.
I'd break that. Not only are you less annoyed the day it's due, procrastination tends to take pretty big chunks when it finally bites. :/
It seems like every year is supposed to be "the year" where I start really caring and putting tremendous effort into my schoolwork, but continuous years of straight A's with little true effort really doesn't help. It hasn't become difficult for me to maintain good grades yet. Of course, when that time does come where I have to really start putting in some effort, I'm afraid I'll just stay as my lazy old self.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Dags90 said:
I'm currently doing a lab report due by "noonish" today (Wednesday), and I've had all the stuff to do the lab report for at least three weeks.

Really captcha?
Yeah, don't worry about that. On captcha's, you only need to type in the word that's all wavy, anyways.

OT: I'll put stuff off until a few days before, but rarely ever the day it's due.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Last week I had three history papers due... I effectively did each one the night before it was due (including most of the research on the first one, all of the research on the second one, and choosing the actual topic and doing all the research for the third one): I didn't sleep much that week...

Aimless Flea

Jul 2, 2009
I read roughly 400 pages in a book and wrote journal entries for every 25 pages the last 2 days of summer. It's bad, man. Real bad.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Solaire of Astora said:
lacktheknack said:
Solaire of Astora said:
I always save actually doing homework or assignments for the last minute. It hasn't come back to bite me in the ass yet, but I'm still only a high school junior.
I'd break that. Not only are you less annoyed the day it's due, procrastination tends to take pretty big chunks when it finally bites. :/
It seems like every year is supposed to be "the year" where I start really caring and putting tremendous effort into my schoolwork, but continuous years of straight A's with little true effort really doesn't help. It hasn't become difficult for me to maintain good grades yet. Of course, when that time does come where I have to really start putting in some effort, I'm afraid I'll just stay as my lazy old self.
I thought so too.

In my program (Computing Science, University), "the year" is your sophomore. I was afraid that my "Meh, later" attitude would bite me... and it did. However, you'd be amazed what your brain will do if stressed enough. I thought I'd keep putting stuff off, and while I still do to a degree, I find it MUCH easier to sit down and get to work on that 30-hour project, even though it's due in three weeks. When you have the first six-project-pileup and effectively flunk all of them (like I did), you'll change. Trust me.

Speaking of, I should be doing math right now...

(gets up and leaves)

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
wanna know how bad i'm procrastinating? i have a college essay due today (Wednesday November 30th) it's supposed to be 7 pages long and i have about 2 done. oh and i have until 10 am to turn it in and it's currently 12:40 and yes i'm supposed to be doing the paper but i'm posting on the escapist about how i'm supposed to be doing the paper this very second. it's pretty bad.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
I was going to talk about how much I procrastinate, but oh shit, i`ve got more stuff due tomorrow, I should get back to that, yeah, right after this post, i`ll get on that

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Horribly. Lets just say its seriously bitten me in the ass and leave it at that.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I promised a friend of mine I'd be writing a letter for her. That was almost two months ago, I think. I'm still writing it. I should write her a whole novel as compensation but then I'll only want to procrastinate even more.

I want to write it for her but... argh.

Anthony Abney

Mar 16, 2011
I procrastinate so much I even put off sleeping. speaking of which, I got to get up in 5 hours, should be able to squeeze in one last youtube video

or 20