Poll: How common is your name?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Fbuh said:
I polled mine Rare, as I get people asking me about my name all the time. I see it every now and then, but not frequently. Seriously, you'd think that 'Duane' wouldn't be so far fetched.
Might be the part of the country you live in. I grew up in a town of 98 people in a rural area. There were three Duanes (or dwayne)

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
First names Tom, 340th most popular 1st name in the US. With my 1st and last together theres 34 people known in the US with it. My names actually very common. I'm going to be changing it whenever I get around to doing so.
This according to the "How many of me" website someone..... 4th poster mentioned.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Pretty sure Eric is very common, it is around here anyways...

That's scary though;
99.63 percent of people with the first name Eric are male.

So... there are female Eric's ???? what ?

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
http://names.mongabay.com/female_names.htm

According to this census done in 1990, Briana is the 880th most common name in the U.S., Brianna being at 738.

As for in real life, I've met two other Brianas, but they were spelled Brianna and Breyanna. My last name is in about the same area. I always hate it when people misspell my name with two Ns, especially when they didn't ask first. It's not that hard to ask, or look it up.

Aglaid

Mar 27, 2011
Pretty common for me, I know at least three Ryans at my school and about four on this website.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Edward. It's not common, but not unusual either. I know there's no others in my school of >2000, so it's surely on the rare side.

But, LesbianPonyArmageddon on the other hand... my internet alias is rather unique :>

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
according to a quick google search, Andrew is the 8th most popular name in the US (as of 2006)

Reallink

Feb 17, 2011
According to a Facebook application that shows how common your name's are, over one million people have my first name, and under one thousand have my surname. So a little bit of clash on that.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
I checked there are only 160 other people in the U.S with my first and last name but there are 241,617 with my first name I guess Eddie isn't as common as I thought it was.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Mavinchious Maximus said:
So their is only one other person I know with my name and that name is Maverick. I have no idea why my parents named me Maverick but I think it fits me. With the rest of my siblings they just threw random names from the bible on them.

So escapist how common is your name?
Well my first name (Heiki) is semi-rare where it comes from, as there are other versions of it that are more commonly used.

However, I did some research, and if you include my whole name into the criteria, I am so far in history the first person to have my unique name combination (Heiki Naelapea-Varik), mostly because my two root families were farmers (hence not really likely to move) and were isolated from each other by most of a country and a large amount of water.

Tossth Esalad

Jul 11, 2009
Well... My name's Andreas. I do a couple of others with the same name, but I don't think it's that common outside of northen Europe.