Poll: How common is your name?

Aranialis

Oct 24, 2009
Kaleion said:
Aranialis said:
Afonso is a fairly rare name, even with our first king being named Afonso. I'm portuguese by the way. =)
Are you sure? I mean I know like at least 20 people named Alfonso, maybe that name is more common in Mèxico we call almost all of them Poncho.
I know of 1 person with my name and that's it, my name is Immanol I'd say pretty rare nowadays I think it's Hebrew.
I'm pretty sure, and in case you noticed, its not exactly Alfonso, but rather Afonso... No L in it, of course I let my american friends call me Al. But yeah my name is quite rare in Portugal. =) It must just that its different in Spanish speaking countries.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I've only known about 3 other people in my whole life who've had this name. It's so rare I don't even see it on television or in movies.

Though I've heard that in other places the name "Tyler" is a lot more common... just not 'round here.

ParadigmOfParanoia

Jul 21, 2011
I dont know about "Tylar" but I know a "Tylor". I'm in the same boat with a name like Connor.
There was another Connor at my school until he graduated and yet somehow the S4B teachers still managed to put "Conner" on my awards. I checked most of the older yearbooks and there has never even been a "Conner" attend that school system. And I don't want to talk about the other two...

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
My name, Ian, is fairly rare in the US, but not nearly so much elsewhere. So I'm told at least.

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
My name is Jeff, common, but people also call me the correct spelling of Geoff which is a less common name

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
My first name is extremely common, my surname however is quite unique - the only people I've heard of or met with it are my family.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
Chris is a fairly common name. I just googled my first and last name, and apparently the few that showed up on the first page were a writer and an actor. Coincidentally, those are both things I enjoy doing.
Clearly, this means that I will be a time traveler.

mrsuperunderpants

Mar 15, 2011
Eddie is rare in the UK because usually it is short for Edward which mine isn't. I think the name Eddie is more common in America than it is in the UK

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
Never thought about it actually so uh ... http://www.behindthename.com/top/name/dannie

Yeah.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Kind of a special, Bremen is a very common last name in Germany. Though i checked Facebook and their was only three other people with Bremen as their first name but their is still the possibility of others... so Rare?

Aetherius

Feb 10, 2011
I've never met someone with My name and that 'howmanyofme.com' site says that I'm the only one :'( Teach me to be born to a Laotian and an Australian, oh well, it makes it easy to google myself.

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
Nathan/ Nate , i said is fairly rare not the most common, only met one other nate in my life , my last name is very common though

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
names nadim a fairly uncommon name, especially with the spelling. it means friend and or drinking buddy, which is odd cause i dont drink

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
yeah, there's a few hundred thousand people named kyle in the US, so i figure its fairly common. however, it seems about 3% of those kyles are female. curious.

also, it seems less than 100 people have it as a last name. i'd like to meet one of them!

but combine my first and last names, and i am one of the select few (only around 1,200 with my name combo, despite the INCREDIBLY common last name. you could probably guess it, but i have no wealth so you cant rob me of anything! mwahaha!)

sadly, no kyle kyles though.

Edit: i just tried this. apparently, there are an estimated 1500 americans named cake. how appropriate

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
I'm not sure about my name. I only knew one Austin personally other than myself but I have never met another since he moved.

TheFloBros

Aug 18, 2010
Quazimofo said:
yeah, there's a few hundred thousand people named kyle in the US, so i figure its fairly common. however, it seems about 3% of those kyles are female. curious.

also, it seems less than 100 people have it as a last name. i'd like to meet one of them!

but combine my first and last names, and i am one of the select few (only around 1,200 with my name combo, despite the INCREDIBLY common last name. you could probably guess it, but i have no wealth so you cant rob me of anything! mwahaha!)

sadly, no kyle kyles though.

Edit: i just tried this. apparently, there are an estimated 1500 americans named cake. how appropriate
My name's Kyle too :D

kzeelio

Nov 3, 2010
My name is the most common female name for my year of birth. High School roll-call was a pain in the ass.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
There has been another "Nick" throughout every class in primary school, high school, and now Tafe... whats the bet I end up working with another Nick as well...