Poll: How complete is your game collection?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I've reached a sort of gamer's nirvana recently. I went to Best Buy and bought the World Adventures expansion pack for Sims 3. It was at the very bottom of a long list of gaming wishes, but since I no longer have an expensive habit living in my house (read: my ex-wife), all the disposable income in my budget goes to MY hobbies, of which gaming is the prime mover. Looking at that Best Buy shelf yesterday (and at the Steam store online right now), there is literally nothing else left that I want that I don't already own. Plus, now that this is so, gaming just became a much cheaper hobby! At most in a given year there are maybe eight games/DLC packs/expansions on my radar screen, so I'll be able to continue this "complete" status for quite a while to come.

This left me wondering; how complete is the collection of everyone here and do you have very broad tastes (that would require tons of money to keep fully satisfied) or fairly narrow tastes (that can be easily kept in check with minimal purchases required)? And does age matter? Discuss.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
You know what, I went into GAME and GameStation this morning... and looked at the PS3 games shelf... and realised... that there is nothing I'm looking for.

My hert kinda stopped for a second and the world seemed to slow down.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Azure-Supernova said:
You know what, I went into GAME and GameStation this morning... and looked at the PS3 games shelf... and realised... that there is nothing I'm looking for.

My hert kinda stopped for a second and the world seemed to slow down.
Same here but with the 360.
Nothing seems to interst me, not even Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock 2 but those last 2 could be put down to me not playing the first ones.
The only game I looking forward to is FF XIII.

So that puts me under Option 2 I think.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Or option 1 since FF13 isn't out yet and technically can't be part of your collection until then.

As soon as Mount&Blade Warband comes out, my number will dip below 100% until I get a chance to get on GamersGate and buy it.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
There are a couple of DS games that are still on my "shopping list", but other than that, I think I'm good for a long time. Now, if only I had access to a wireless network that's compatible with my DS...

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I've got a few games that I want to pick up, but I can't until I find work again. Other than that I'm pretty happy with where I am.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I could buy at least 2 games a month, but I decided that I'm just wasting money *curses MW 2, GTA IV, and The Orange Box*. I refuse to any game unless I am sure that I will like them.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
SantoUno said:
I could buy at least 2 games a month, but I decided that I'm just wasting money *curses MW 2, GTA IV, and The Orange Box*. I refuse to any game unless I am sure that I will like them.
That's a good way to miss out on a classic game. Then again, as you said, it sure helps keep you from buying crap!

thestickman91

Sep 18, 2009
i cant seem to get excited for any of the games coming out. i'll hold off until bioshock 2 or heavy rain

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
SimuLord said:
SantoUno said:
That's a good way to miss out on a classic game. Then again, as you said, it sure helps keep you from buying crap!
I said what I said because I fell victim to the old assumption that I THOUGHT I would like the games I mentioned. I turned out to be wrong, and wished that I hadn't spent my money on them.

To make it more clear, I bought Oblivion along with the 3 mentioned above, and that is the only game that I have truly enjoyed, but the thing is I already owned it on the PS3 so when I bought it for the 360 I KNEW I was going to enjoy it.

So because of that I realized that if I don't want to end up regretting spending money on a game I need to play the game first to truly see if it will be worth buying.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Mass Effect 2 coming next week, Heavy Rain soon after that and FF XIII eventually... inevitably Resistance 3 will come 'round after a while... and I need to buy FF VIII on the PSN... *sigh* I need money. Lots of money.