Poll: How do you climb stairs?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I have very powerful climbing legs (have since birth, I literally ran before I walked), and regularly employ these by practically jumping up stairs 3-4 at a time.
Even while loaded down with 40+ pounds of books+laptop on my back.

It's the one significant physical advantage I have, might as well make the most of it.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I swear I have never seen ANYONE ELSE climb stairs 2 steps at a time like me.

Am I still that athletic/fit? Or I'm the only non-lazy person left in the world in my area?

Faulty Turmoil

Nov 25, 2009
I actually managed to jump up my stairs whilst only landing on one step in the middle. It was hard. And stupid. But I did it!

Normally I just run up them so i'd say three.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Alternates between 1-2. Usually 2. Unless I'm carrying something heavy or valuable. Then just one =)

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
SantoUno said:
I swear I have never seen ANYONE ELSE climb stairs 2 steps at a time like me.

Am I still that athletic/fit? Or I'm the only non-lazy person left in the world in my area?
Probably a mixture of both :p

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009

1 is too slow, and 3 makes me look awkward.

And I haven't perfected my technique of climbing them all at once.... Yet.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Depends on the size of the steps. But gnerally two at a time.
3 at a time is too much of a stretch for it to be worth the effort.

1 requires my legs to move too fast, 3 means that I move slower due to stretching, I think two is the magic number for stair inclination. Just the right mix of speed and effort.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
I climb stairs like a dog using my hands too.

Only when I'm at home though... It gets me weird looks in public. Then its one stair at a time. I'm too short to do two.

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
ShadowKatt said:
I do it on all fours. I don't have the greatest depth perception.

That being said, it classical Katty fashion, it's much harder to get back down than it was to get up....
I used to do that a lot when I was younger because the stairs at my house are pretty steep. As I've gotten taller it's faster to just go 2 at a time.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Two steps at a time, usually. For some reason, my subconscious percieves travelling up stairs as a waste of time. Technically, it's more useful than going anywhere horizontally..

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I kind of lunge at the and then kind run up them one at a time, to me its easier when I have momentum then to slowly lift my legs up each step. Also I'm quite short, so two at a time is a bit more difficult.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I walk up one step at a time, on the tips of my toes, as fast as I can. However, when climbing down, I regularly jump the bottom 2 or 3 steps...