Poll: How do you feel about clowns?

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Full blown case of Bozophobia here. And I blame whoever made Poltergeist for the years of torment. Seriously. Clowns creep me the hell out.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I enjoy clowns. Good slapstick is good slapstick.

Know a former clown from the Moscow Circus. Very friendly, very funny guy.

NoX 9

I Want A Hug!
Jul 2, 2014
They are creepy as fuck, I absolutely despise clowns. The friendlier they try to look the more frightening they become!

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
They don't bother me, but I fully acknowledge their creepiness.

Just look at this video:

So simple and genius!

Lilikins

Jan 16, 2014
I have a real phobia of them, I donno why, they just scare the living hell out of me. This is to a point then where if my little cousin asks me if Id like to go to the circus with him Im sorta along the lines of 'riiiiiiiiiight..how about no?'
The only thing that gets compareably close to clowns are mice/rats.

(Off topic: those rats in England that are in the news atm...so full of nope, I think thatd scar me for life..)

horrifying..to say the least.

End Verdict: Zombies, Apocalypse, Demons, Monsters... by god whatever bring it on, bring a mouse in a clown suit and Ill go whimpering into a corner.

Edit: Finally got the hang of getting pics/spoilers to work properly haha...

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I'm completely indifferent. I don't understand the fear of them, but apparently there exists a fear of "peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth" so whatever. Having said that, I don't find them funny either but I doubt I'm their target market so it'd be like resenting Bob the Builder because I don't find him funny.

I had a clown at my 5th birthday though and I thought it was awesome at the time, so there's that. I got nothing against them now.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
*Cocks submachine gun*

Well, to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with clowns if they pack their creepy costumes and make-up in a bit. Effectively "civilian" clowns are perfectly fine, they're just as amusing without the unsettling costumes ruining the mood.

I love the slapstick, I love the tricks, I just can't enjoy them when the unpleasant make-up is on. They're hard-working entertainers, often professionals, and I don't mind them at all. It a difficult job, and I can always respect a professional. I just can't stand the roles they assume. Thankfully, me and clowns don't overlap very much, so our sentiments reguarding each other doesn't matter at all.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I think it's the painted face that scares a lot of kids.
I barely remember being afraid of a 'fun-house' as a kid that had a clown that looked in the dark like a floating dead face.

Generally I don't much care for clowns either way.

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
I can see both good and bad in clowns... I like them, usually, but I can also see why some people are afraid of them.