Poll: How Do You Feel About Zoey?

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Its stupid to leave a game because you have to play as a girl, Francais is my faverouite but if I have to play as Zoey, I'll do it.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
I almost always play as girls whenever possible.

Usually feels more natural than playing as a guy.

Devildoc

Mar 26, 2009
Usually when I play there happens to be a girl in the group, so automatically they are zoey. I don't play on public servers though, usually friends.

I like to play as Bill and I make sure I'm always on top of patching Zoey up with medkits for some cheap laughs watching a dirty old man feeling up a college chick.

But if I had to play as Zoey myself.. sure why not.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Actually she's my favorite. I prefer "underdogs" if you will in games like this. And a 120lb dual pistol/m16 wielding cheerleader is a win in my book.

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
My character choice, in order, goes as this:

1: Francis
2: Bill
3: Zoey
4: Louis

Why is Francis my preferred character? Because he shares my obsession with the auto-shotgun in the intro! And because a friend of mine always pick Bill xD
Zoey is cool though, the only one I don't really like is Louis... yet I'll play any of of the characters, none of them is inferior to each other.

I also like being the character whose lines I love the most. Such as Francis' everlasting "I hate..." lines, or him and Bill arguing in the hospital elevator.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
I play Zoey whenever possible. She's the funniest, she's the best looking, and for some reason people will constantly give you medkits when you're even slightly hurt. =P

I don't mind either way, though. Although I have the least fun playing Louis, because his voice...ugh. I mean, they had the "Token Black Guy", but they just HAD to make him the most annoying friggin' character possible.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
They leave because they're 12 year olds who are like, "EWW GIRLS THEY CAN'T KILL ZOMBIES NO WAY!"

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
m_jim said:
Citrus Insanity said:
I've never had that problem and have never encountered anyone who has.
Do you play on XBL or PC? I ask because I play on Xbox Live, which is notorious for its less cultured patrons, while supposedly PC gamers are the contemplative, master gaming race.
*chuckle* What nonsense!

I'm OK playing with Zoey. Just don't make me play as Bill.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Somehow, I always end up with her. Whether it's a spike in the lag, or a glitch, I'm always her. I'm fine with it, but I can;t help but feel that the game thinks I'm a girl...

o.o

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
when it comes down to it, all you really see is the arms/hands holding the guns... i dont see why people are so picky about it

sidenote: i actually prefer to play as zoey

Jul 23, 2008
I've actually only had negative team experiences playing louis. People griefing me etc just because i picked/was automatically assigned the black guy.

Then again this is on xbl so what can i expect?

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Kalezian said:
I dont like playing as Zoey, mainly because of her voice, as long as im someone other than her I wont rip off my ears in anger.........again........
I really like that voice actress.
I enjoy playing Zoey, she and I share a gender.

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
m_jim said:
Citrus Insanity said:
I've never had that problem and have never encountered anyone who has.
Do you play on XBL or PC? I ask because I play on Xbox Live, which is notorious for its less cultured patrons, while supposedly PC gamers are the contemplative, master gaming race.
Supposedly is the wrong word. The correct one is certainly. By "master" I mean most mature and most advanced. Nothing wrong with consoles, but the 360 has the worst community I've ever heard, regardless of age. I've never seen any problems and the question posed is sort of stupid. The Escapist is almost entirely mature, right-minded people. They don't give a shit whether they play as Zoey, Bill, Louis, or Francis.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
HellbirdIV said:
I actually prefer Zoey. Her voice is generally a delight to listen to (<3 Jen Taylor), and that's really all the motivation I need.
same hear! She also has some great lines "Oh no! The zombies killed god!!!" always makes me laugh.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Quite opposite for me. I end up in groups that fight over who get's to play as Joey.

Although I have seen people ***** about having to play as Louis. I've even had a few runs were people friendly fire Louis to death on purpose.

"Because he's a ******." Is the usual response.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The Hairminator said:
Who WOULDN'T want to play as Zoe? She is voiced by Jen Taylor!!!(Cortana)
Gee, I never noticed that actually.
But really, I don't care, I'm cool with Zoey, she's awesome. I still prefer Francis for his "I hate everything" attitude, even though he's just a big softy on the inside. His 'sad face' when low on health is also brilliant.

Macaco

Jul 6, 2009
"I for one will play as Zoey. Not only do I think that she is a positive portrayal of females in a male driven industry..."

ugh, that reads out exactly like your girlfriend is reading over your shoulder

i don't care whether or not most video game programmers are dudes because both sexes are allowed in on the action, guys on zombies shotguns and explosions and girls...

um

i'll have to get back to you on that :p