Poll: How do you have your tea?

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Milk, no sugar, no nonsense.

I don't understand why people ladle sugar into their tea. Surely then it just tastes like sweet water, not actual tea?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Filthy redneck here who doesn't drink tea at all. No hot tea or sweet tea.

Flippincrazy

Jul 4, 2010
In a pint mug with milk, two sugars and two digestive biscuits.

After all, who wants to taste the tea itself anyway?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Ugh....I see this thread just as I find that there's no milk for my tea. I don't think I'll make it without my tea...

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Black, with one sugar and enough milk to begin to pale the colour, in an aperture science mug

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Scrustle said:
I drink tea the proper, English way of course! Black with milk and sugar, with biscuits for dipping. Although I've never come across "black" being used to describe tea before.
Exactly right old boy.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
I enjoy many teas... But my favourite I found out about when our family went on vacation in South Africa.
<url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos>Rooibos (so, red tea - hence "Other" vote in poll) with milk and sugar. Just 1 teaspoon of sugar, though. ^_^

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
There are more types of tea than Black and Green... you also have white and red!

I drink black teas... sometimes flavoured, but usually Earl Grey! I also drink it Whoopi Goldberg... i.e. Black none!

(The other named tea being Julie Andrews... White none)

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Never heard of black tea before, but according to a quick search it is a way of referring to standard issue English tea (tea as consumed in England, not necessarily grown here). In that case I like my tea as follows:

Earl grey tea, filling roughly 2/3 of the cup with with the rest milk. This usually produced a creamy colour and retains a strong taste of milk.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Earl Grey with milk and no sugar. Cake if you have any please. I also love coffee, flat white with no sugar. Not instant coffee either, make it with beans!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Black Tea with no milk for me (rarely sugar). I don't drink tea very much though. I'm more of a coffee guy (or soda if I don't want a hot drink).

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
It depends. I don't usually like black teas, but there's this one with ginger that I really like. I drink it with milk and sugar. Green, white and oolong teas I will either drink with or without sugar, depending on the overall flavour, but never milk. I happen to like some of the grassier tasting green teas without sugar, for example. Chai tea, with spices and stuff, tastes best with milk and sugar.

If there are sweets and/or pastries available, then that just makes it better.

EDIT: Though it really doesn't count, I sometimes drink those canned iced tea drink if I just need a quick beverage. I prefer real tea, but it sometimes takes too long to make.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
Black or peppermint, well steeped, with a splash of honey or a spoon of sugar. Never understood why folks would want to dilute the tea with milk, but there you are.

And if it's iced? Only a little sugar to cut the edge off the bitterness.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
With quite a bit of semi skimmed milk and 2 teaspoons and a half of sugar. The type of milk is important! Can't stand any other type.

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
Black tea with milk. No sugar, can't stand the stuff.
Well, except in black coffee. But that's a different matter for a different thread.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Tea with milk?!? WTF is wrong with you people? Tea isn't strong enough to get cut with a dairy (but then I drink espresso black/unsweetened). Why ruin a fine tea by diluting it?

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
I do not really get to drink tea often since I am in a household of people who don't like it. So the only time I get any is occasionally with some friends. When I do drink tea, I may add sugar, but I will probably go plain. As for the type, I am trying various kinds to see which I like more than others. (So many teas!)

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I don't drink tea, I'm afraid. It tastes like sweet water to me, no matter what type it is or how it's prepared.