Poll: How do you sleep?

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
kman123 said:
I sleep alone. Always.
Must...not...post...forever alone...

Anyways: I never always sleep one way. I usually roll around until I find something that's comfortable.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Either for 12 hours straight or not at all for weeks.*

Its really not healthy but I cant seem to do anything about it.

[sub]*This last bit is of course impossible, it would be better to say I have no sleep Im aware of.[/sub]

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I sleep rolling away from giant piano keys next to a boy in a leotard:

Actually, I usually just shift from side to side.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
On my side, almost leaned down so much that I'm on my stomach.
I think laying on my back feels the best, but for some damn reason I can't fall asleep when I lie like that. >.<

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I sleep on my stomach usually with a pillow under one arm. I could wake up in any of the 3 positions listed though.

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
I sleep on my back, coffin style with my arms relaxed at my sides. As I'm falling asleep I do a "check" of each part of my body to make sure the muscled are relaxed, especially jaws/shoulder/neck area.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Hmm, there doesn't seem to be a 'hanging upside down from the ceiling' option. That's odd...

OT: Tend to fall asleep on my side, wake up on my back.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
Mostly on my stomach, but occasionaly on my side. I've never been able to get to sleep on my back easily. And it doesn't help that occasionally I have a little insomniac spurt.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I always sleep on my belly, but don't like turning my head very far to the side. To avoid slowly smothering myself I have to position my face over the edge of a pillow, or sometimes between two.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I sleep on my stomach and usually wake up on my back with my arms and limbs in decidedly odd positions. I once woke up with my arms all curled up à la Nosferatu. It's a common side effect of Spastic Dysplasia, in that I sometimes tighten certain muscle groups unconsciously. Especially in my legs, but I still tend to end up with some pretty odd or femmy arm poses, too.

I also hate that while I'm pretty neat by nature, I tend to rub my nose on the pillow while still asleep.

Yes.

Ew.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
In a bathtub, the zombified remains of the human race pounding on my heavily fortified shelter, only the company of my faithful dog and my gun to keep me through the-

On my stomach, or my side.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Well lately, not at all.

Otherwise I twist and turn myself and my blanket+pillow to the side that's cooler.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Honestly? all of the above.

I only sleep every 2 days or so usually, then when I do I'll sleep on either my side or my stomach... or my back if I have my headphones on, the bass helps soothe me until I can sleep.
Or in my chair, with my keyboard imprinted on my cheek... or with my fedora covering my eyes and lent right back.
I have way too many ways of sleeping...

But half the time I'll wake up on the floor so I dunno how much of my sleep is actually spent on any of those positions XD

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
well if I can actually get to sleep then on my stomach/side with my head under my shoulder which is starting to hurt really but I can't sleepanyotherway

Zarkov

Mar 26, 2010
Shanicus said:
I start on my side, roll onto my stomach, then my back, then I wake up either on my side, on the floor or lying cross-legged on my back with a pillow lying on my chest.

Don't ask what the pillow was doing there.

EDIT: right, quirks! I like to sleep with music/Radio/tv on (Not actual shows, the voices keep me awake - usually a video game segment with kick-ass music or something), and I have a giant-ass teddy bear that I HAVE to be holding before I go to sleep.
Don't ask why I still need a teddy bear at 18.
Just don't.
Why do you need to have a teddy bear at the age 18, Shanicus?
... :D

(Reverse psychology is a *****. I can't resist. And I almost asked about the pillow, too.)

OP: I sleep.. on my side. Mostly. And as for quirks, I absolutely under any circumstance MUST have my fan on, pointed towards me. Sometimes I sleep with the TV on, sometimes I don't. I might keep some music on, or maybe I'll just leave my light on. It really all depends on how lazy I am to turn everything off. But what I won't compromise with is mah fan. Won't sleep without it. If I go out in the woods, you bet there will be a generator and a fan with me if I end up having to sleep out there.