Poll: How Good are You?

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Proteus214 said:
I see a lot of people in this thread claiming to be good at RPGs. I'm wondering if this is just a general attribute of the Escapist community or it speaks to how people perceive their successes in an RPG compared to other genres. Either way, I find it interesting.
I think it more has to do with most rpgs being single so everyone who can complete an RPG (lets face it, anyone) considers themselves to be good at RPGs.

Readial

May 26, 2010
Im good in Western RPGs and Fighting games because they have depth in gameplay and in most games, story and Given that i spent time on them, I'll be better at them than most average gamers.

Okay at racing, shooters, horror games (although there are times I ran away because of Fatal Frame), as they give me some variety to do if I get frustrated and sometimes will play with my friends when they come over

But I am horrible at RTS, Rhythm and dancing games because I 'm too slow, it seems for the games and everytime I do something, I lose grip of what I'm supposed to do and I get laughed at for being a chimpanzee on the dance mat/Guitar/keyboard i.e. screaming out loud.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Truthfully, I would sacrifice my life to save a total stranger from death him/herself. Though i wouldn't mind living. Some people may find this fact stupid, but I don't mind.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Chase Yojimbo said:
Truthfully, I would sacrifice my life to save a total stranger from death him/herself. Though i wouldn't mind living. Some people may find this fact stupid, but I don't mind.
In the context of the thread this makes perfect sense to me.

Blackality

Oct 18, 2009
Shit on every fighter that is not by Arc Systems, shit on sims, shit on RTS, not a very good FPS player and a disaster on sport games.

The only games i dare to say i'm "good" is Sonic Rivals and BlazBlue.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
Good FPS player, though I've been better.
Good RPG player, Dragon Age rules.
I was a fairly decent Paladin in WoW once, but haven't played for ages.
Always got my ass kicked by any half-decent opponent in any RTS. Come tomorrow, this will begin to change.

The only time I play consoles are when certain exclusives (e.g. RDR) are out, otherwise I loathe them. Never touch console multiplayer. Blech.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
I'm pretty good in team based games (like most of valve's games). I'm great in BFBC2. I can't really remember when I started playing...5 I think. Pretty good at Halo, OK in sports games, bad in racing, suckish in rts. [/blah]

Apr 24, 2008
I'm very good at football(soccer)games. I find I'm not even concentrating and I still somehow repeatedly win. I racked up 23 consecutive wins on Fifa 10, and then lost interest.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
I'd gauge I'm less than mediocre. I'd be afraid to attempt an online multiplayer game, especially against those who play from 9-5. I at least always play on 'normal', I haven't downgraded to 'easy' yet, so mad props for me.

Mavvy

Jul 24, 2010
Usually above average at everything, can usually grasp a game and its mechanics in about 5-10 minutes of playing, usually less.
But when it comes to RPG, I've always been amazing - Don't hate me, haha.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
AugustFall said:
fenrizz said:
I

Hey! I love that too, it's so refreshingly rewarding to crush your challengers with a newly created deck.

I like to build big decks, because then you can do long, interesting battles.
But I find that a powerful speed deck is much more likely to win.
Me and my friends all play long haul decks, I tend to go for heavy defensive combo decks with ridiculous life gain and then some means of dealing consistent damage to wear down opponents, powerful flying creatures/(x)walk creatures. Some means of dealing hard to block damage.

We usually play 3/4 player games as well which are awesome fun.
I love myself a big green/red deck.
Big green beasts, enchants and red hot destruction.
X damage to player/creature is always nice to have in the late stages.

We usually play 2 or 3 persons, simply because there aren't that many of us around here.

Also, favorite card:

Although it's somewhat overpowered.

well, ok.. It's seriously overpowered.

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
I'm quite good. Today I got 34 kills and 1 deaths in Squad Deathmatch mode in BFBC2.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I'm good at most genres.I'm usually high up on the score list on most online games that I play.I can get through most games on hard without too much difficulty.And play a mean game of poker.

Quid Plura

Apr 27, 2010
I'm good at RPG's in a way, but I've been good at every game in the last three years, since they're all too easy. :p

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
fenrizz said:
I love myself a big green/red deck.
Big green beasts, enchants and red hot destruction.
X damage to player/creature is always nice to have in the late stages.

We usually play 2 or 3 persons, simply because there aren't that many of us around here.

Also, favorite card:
snip

well, ok.. It's seriously overpowered.
I used to have that I think, obviously didn't realise how BALL TRIPPINGLY POWERFUL it is. Jesus it's cheap too. On of my friends has Mageta the Lion (I stupidly traded him it) and it's a pain in the ass.
I never used to like white but it's now a component in both my main decks, Blue/White Green/White (very small amount of green)

My Cleric/soldier (G/W) deck is based around a Soul's Attendant and Ajani's Pridemate combo. There is a whole lot more to that deck but those 2 together is awesome.