Poll: How has Pre-Ordering Worked Out for You?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Lets see I have gotten a Spiderman T-shirt, Lego Indy T-shirt, Lego Batman keychain, Juggernaught, a clone commander figurine (still in original packaging), Alex Mercer figurine, a red minion figurine, a hard cover art book, a soft cover info book, a comic, a toque and a Gears of War 2 poster all for preordering assorted games. Oh and Fable 2 club games (hey it's a free game). I would say preordering has worked out well for me. And the only hassle was a couple games came a day or 2 later than Tuesday (or whatever the release day was). Any game I know I will be buying I preorder.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
The only game I've ever pre-ordered was the Burning Crusade Collectors Edition, and I had a very bad experience with that. (Amazon sent it to me more than 2 weeks late.)

Since then I've just bought all my games at the store on the morning of the release day. Even the Wrath of the Lich King CE, midnight at Wal-Mart FTW.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
I usually pre-order, I mean pointless add-ons that everyone has coughodstcough is better than nothing and I only pre-order those games I was going to pick up first day anyway.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
So far pre ordering has worked great for me, I still have Dragon Age and MW2 on order and soon ME2 because I want them first day guaranteed and that for me makes it worth it

Captain_Caveman

Mar 21, 2009
I wont pre-order at GameStop just because i hate them asking me.

I try to buy something and before they will finish the transaction they have to annoy me w/ sales pitches about games. I don't give a flying f***! RING UP MY GAME AND LET ME GET ON W/ MY LIFE!

mr gonzomatic

Oct 17, 2009
I usually only pre-order a game if it comes with something. DL content not included unless it's something kickass like the Deloreon rally car on Motorstorm.

I mean seriously, how can you beat getting a screen T for $5. Usually I never pick up the game unless I really wanted it and just transfer it over to something I really want or something with incentive later down the line.

Yeah, I know. I'm just an ass like that.

XD

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
HG131 said:
Contun said:
I'm thinking about Pre-Ordering L4D2 for the exclusive bat...
What exclusive bat?
A baseball bat.

For me, it usually worked out pretty good. I can't remember paying extra for pre-ordering, and it's nice to know for sure you'll have a copy at launch date.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
HG131 said:
Contun said:
I'm thinking about Pre-Ordering L4D2 for the exclusive bat...
What exclusive bat?
I think if you pre-order L4D2 you get an exclusive bat. You automatically get the bat at the beginning of the round and your able to switch it between weapons unlike the other melee weapons, which you drop as soon as you switch between your inventory.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Usually I preorder games that I figure will be tough to find on release day. I think i have quit preordering MMOs though after I got burned on Aion. I was super stoked about the game but soon found out how grindy it was and promptly quit. However for the majority of games that i have preordered I was glad i did.