Poll: How important is 100% completion to you?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hell no.

I consider completing the story to be 100%. If it's good I'll play through it again later. If it's really good I'll play it a third of fourth time.

But engaging in needless grind with no goal besides seeing a number reach an arbitrary point?

Fuck that.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
DeadlyBritishDisease said:
Some games (like Assassins Creed) I get all OCD with and keep playing until I get the platinum trophy, but I'm not to fussed with a 100% on my game file.
this!^
the assassin's creed series is probably my worst for "must get everything!" "2am and still need ten more flags!" only other games I've really ever 100%'ed are the saint's row series, infamous and something I now forget the title of!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
It depends on how much i like the game. For example the one achievement i don't have on ME2 annoys me a lot as it's one of "baby's first achievements" rather than an actual achieving something achievement

Also any game with multiplayer 'cheevos gets definitely ignored. Fucking hate those things

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I don't try for it. I hate collecting things in games. It's so boring. My average completion percentage for my games (I did the math) is 50%. That's brought down a lot by Rockstar games. Holy shit, do they have a ton of pointless random things.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
I definitely try to get it...but it depends on the game. With Pokemon, I don't need to 'catch em all', but I do need to raise the ones I do have to Level 99.

With AC Brotherhood, I got REALLY OCD and got to 98% sync. Honestly, I wish games did not grade me like that. Drives me up the WALL.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
I generally do all the sidequests, cuz you know, they're actual gameplay. I practically never go for collectibles just for a 100% stat. I go for the minerals and stuff in Mass Effect, but not the Nirnroots in Oblivion. I went after the collectibles in Vice City and San Andres, because they actually give you stuff, but not the pidgeons in GTA4 where it's just for the heck of it.

I didn't go for 100% in Darksiders, cuz maxing out Wrath Cores is fucking pointless. I do go for all teeth and Riddler things in Arkham Asylum because they give you just enough XP to get you all skils (though half of them I don't use in fights cuz I suck at it).
I most definitely do not go for the stupid flags and feathers in AssCreed.

I do the secret exits and Star Road in Super Mario World and I'd go for the Star Coin in NSMBWii. Strangely enough, I still never have 100% in SMW. Not sure what I'm missing every time o_O

The only game I truly 100%ed were the Donkey Kong Countries - again, they unlock secret worlds in 2&3. Technically I did more than 100% as they have 101, 102 and 103%, but ... you know :p

LordDarkPhantom

Apr 23, 2011
I always complete a game's campaign including side missions, but I don't ever go for 100% completion in collectibles, etc.

In fact, there have only been three games whose campaign I have not completed: Turok Evolution, Sands of Time (too boring jumping around and falling) and Hidden Invasion (stupidest save system ever).

Thincrust

Sep 2, 2010
EHKOS said:
I always start out thinking "I can do this" and then halfway through I just finish the story and think "fuck it".
Hahah I feel the exact same way.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
really depends on the game if its possable (online isnt always possable for me) I like to strive for elsewise I just enjoy the ride and do as much as possible

chris_ninety1

Feb 23, 2011
I'll usually 100% a game once at some point (particularly seeing as I'm an achievement whore). The bigger question with me is whether I'll do it on the first play through or not, and that usually depends on how easy it is to track what you've got left to do, such as with Arkham Asylum whereby you had a map showing you what Riddler stuff you were missing, compared to Assassin's Creed which necessitated a second play through (at least through most of the game, after getting the last flag I thought 'sod it' and didn't bother finishing it again).

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
If I enjoy the game enough and it isn't obscenely tedious I will go for 100%. That being said, I have rarely hit 100% on a game.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I only go for it in Fallout games, which is a tall order indeed. (Almost done FO:NV, at least until the next DLC comes out.)

Otherwise, does not cross my mind to try for 100%.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
100% completion isn't big on my list. It's just something to do in my spare time; no big driving force behind it. This is especially true for games where completion means taking your digging spoon to the proverbial brick wall (I'm looking at you, Mary Canary! Damn buzzard...)

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
I like 100% completion, it makes me feel like i accomplished something. I 100% Portal 2 achievs, i tried to do the same with Portal 1 but the challenges were just too difficult. I'll try 100%ing when i can, but if it gets to difficult/boring ill give up on it.