Poll: How is Metal Gear Solid 2?

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I voted "it's OK" since I liked it, but I found it to be much weaker compared to 3 and 4. I will say I think it's a better game than Metal Gear Solid, I had no fun with that game.

MGS 2 can be a bit of a slog, it had lots of interesting points, and I didn't hate Raiden. Possibly since I didn't play the first game when it came out I did not have the impression that Snake could never be replaced. The story from what I remember is pretty goofy, especially towards the end.

If you like MGS enough, just try to play it. Even if you end up hating the game, it won't ruin the whole series for you.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i enjoyed it. but i don't remember the plot that well because i only remember the plot for MGS1. the space in my head is filled with slightly more useful information than the batshit insanity of the metal gear storyline...

i really enjoy the game series, but after losing my save midway through MGS4 because my PS3 got wiped, i had no desire to rewatch 5 films to get back to the middle point in the game and carry on =\

i got distracted... yes, i really liked MGS2, even raiden was ok. i mean he's not snake, but he's alright

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
MGS2 is a trail and failure in the practice of using another main character instead of (a) Snake.

But that said the rest of the game is a normal MGS game, it's exactly what you'd expect if you've play another MGS game.

If Raiden had had been a success we would have probably seen a new protagonist every MGS game, but since he was not expect Snake(s) forever more.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
MGS2 is an excellent game, though going from 3 and 4, you are going to have some major issues with the camera, since it is a fixed camera for 1 and 2. If you think that will frustrate you, then you may want to avoid the game, but I personally find the story and the rest of the gameplay make up for it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
MGS2 is my personal least favorite in the main series.

However, it's not NEARLY as bad as a lot of people say it is. I found Raiden to be pretty decent, I did like the whole oil rig set up, the soundtrack is really nice, and it's got an interesting and batshit insane plot.

It's a good game. I just kinda prefer to play the other games in the series honestly. Particularly 3.